inserter stack size problems

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sneaker2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

inserter stack size problems

Post by Sneaker2 »

what I want, for example, is to get exactly 50 copper-plates into one chest. yet the stack-bonus for inserters makes it 51 each and every time. It is logical, because 51/3 = 17 . those 17 stacks get taken no matter what, so how do I stop that and make it that the inserter only picks 2 copper-plates at the end?

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: inserter stack size problems

Post by British_Petroleum »

I never research the stack size bonuses for this reason. If the inserter only picks up one item at a time then i have complete control. I liked it better when the stack size bonus was only moving items between containers, that way you had a way of picking up just one or the stack size. There are solutions to your exact problem, others will probably post them here.

Sneaker2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sneaker2 »

well, yea, a good point, but I dont really want to miss that either. And accident while researching and you can redo the entire game. Not fun.

It is a nice feature, but I would like to think, that the devs could enable both, "more items" and "control" at the same time, or at least choose between those 2 in game or at the inserter itself. I guess the devs had to solve a quantity problem.

Hammerchief
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hammerchief »

There are topic about this problem: 0.13 Count Perfect Chest Item Count, Inserting arbitrary hand sizes by using "Set Filters", and some more complex solutions for tasks like loading supply wagon with many different items here: 0.13 Smart supply-train loader + other solutions.

Return to “Gameplay Help”