Loading Trains - 2 Trains - 1 Station

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Dracosan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Loading Trains - 2 Trains - 1 Station

Post by Dracosan »

So I have 1 station that I am trying to unload copper on the left, and load Empty Barrels on the right (filter inserters for unloading Full Barrels from different car on train is working)

The problem is that when my copper train rolls in, it is getting loaded with empty barrels and those end up stuck on that train since my filter inserters will not remove them from the train.

Is there a way currently in .13.13 to only load a specified item type into a specific train.
Train 1 - Copper Ore
Train 2 - Empty Barrels / Full Barrels

Both are using the same station at base, different stations for loading of course.

I'm still working on figuring out combinators and such, and attempted to go... Emtpy Barrel > 0 (place 1 barrel in a red box in the cargo car) but I couldn't get it to work.

zebediah49
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Loading Trains - 2 Trains - 1 Station

Post by zebediah49 »

You can filter a traincar's inventory.

(By default), middle-click on a slot, and that slot will now only accept that item type.

Dracosan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Loading Trains - 2 Trains - 1 Station

Post by Dracosan »

I ... Did not know that... thank you random stranger. I can now stop researching on the combinator 101 post. Still a great read. Need to finish it.

Return to “Gameplay Help”