[Trains] Two-Way Station --> One-Way System

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Neproc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Trains] Two-Way Station --> One-Way System

Post by Neproc »

So first of I understand Trains in Factorio, I'm just having trouble figuring this out (it might not even be possible).

I started with an Island spawn and want to build my complete base on there with a Train system of the Island to get Resources (0.13 Factorio). So my Factory needs to be as compact as possible.
Now to the Problem: I want to use two-way train stations but the system itself should be a one-way system (one-way systems are superior in my opinion). I thought of something which i thought should work (see attachment)
Train Problem
On the Top is the Station (two-way), and the others are the one-way normal system. Between the two one-way paths is a always red signal so that the train can't enter the wrong side. Problem is the Train still enters and waits in front of the red light.
So the real question is: Is it possible to tell a train which part of the turnout to use?

Help would be appreciated,
Neproc

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Trains] Two-Way Station --> One-Way System

Post by kinnom »

you can removethe Always red signal, single signals already are one-way
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Neproc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neproc »

Ohhh wow, and I love it when I'm thinking to complicted :shock:

Thank you very much

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

The solution to your problem (besides removing the unneeded always red signal) is to put a pair of signals before the split (one each side), and it is a good idea to make the first of the two signals a train would encounter at that merge is a chain signal so that it can't enter unless it can actually get past the merge itself and be on its merry way. (so, in the picture you gave, signals should be: pair above merge, with leftmost signal chain. other signals where they are; sans unneeded red; with the rightmost of the other signals being chain).

Neproc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neproc »

Yeah I did that once I figured out that you only need to put them on one side it was easy to get it to work. Thanks again

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

Neproc wrote:Yeah I did that once I figured out that you only need to put them on one side it was easy to get it to work. Thanks again
You need them on both sides at the ends of any 2-way blocks, but only on the right (relative to desired direction) for the divide between 1-way blocks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”