No path for train

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kuliksco
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

No path for train

Post by kuliksco »

Having a real hard time figuring out why this train won't move. I have two stations setup with a push pull train (locomotives on each end). It will travel from city A to B just fine but will never return complaining about no path. The path obviously works because it was able to get to their one way. Why would it refuse to go back? the train has plenty of full and I confirmed the city names are correct based on the map view. I have another train setup doing the exact same thing on another path and it works fine.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: No path for train

Post by kovarex »

Maybe the A station has bad direction. When you are building/selecting the station, you can see the yellow arrows, they show you the direction the train have to come from.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

Hah! Finally 20 years of playing (Open)TTD(Patch) come in handy.

Two possible issues:

1. You've built a one-way signal on the track and the train can't find a path around it.

2. You've built one of the stops on the wrong side of the track. If you have a shuttle push-pull service, you want to have both stops facing towards the ends of the track. Train can't find a path if it has to turn around to reach the stop.

EDIT: Welp ninja'd

kuliksco
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kuliksco »

Thanks! that was it. I had my station on the wrong side of the tracks. I never noticed the arrows before when placing it.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”