Oil woes

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mp4
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Oil woes

Post by Mp4 »

Well I've spent quite a few hours trying to get my oil rigs up and running to use for Petroleum to make Plastic bars. But I cant seem to keep it going and it comes to a halt.

I've used sandbox mode to show what I normally do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ge9f2prqc5lv66/GOD.zip

I think i did read that you have to use Heavy/Light otherwise it would stop production. But what's the best method to use?

Thanks

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Oil woes

Post by BurnHard »

Crack heavy oil into light oil and subsequently into petroleum gas via chem plant and "advanced oil processing" research. Use new refining recipe in refinery when researched.

I always build some storage tanks for crude oil AND for the processed fluids as well. Eg 6 tanks ore more for heavy oil, light oil and gas. This gives you enough time to react for changing demands and supply

seanbrockest
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Oil woes

Post by seanbrockest »

The above response is fine advice for advanced processing, but was not perfect for your situation.

I took a look at your save, i'm using a diff version, so I hope it loaded it right.

In your save you had light oil and petroleum being extracted, but the heavy oil was not, and since the refinery has a very small internal tank, it stopped working because that part was full.

Only change I needed to make was to connect pipes to all three top valves. Your heavy, light, and petroleum all need to be emptied or the refinery quickly locks up.

Return to “Gameplay Help”