Multiples of Equipment

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
VoxSerico
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiples of Equipment

Post by VoxSerico »

I could not find this information anywhere;
Main question is, does having more than one "personal laser defense" equipped increase the effective firepower?

If it is so, it is not discernible in late-game firefights. If not, attempting to equip more than one should indicate it as inactive or deny item transfer.

Same thought occurs with regards to the exo-skeleton speed boost, but I have not yet tested it.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Multiples of Equipment

Post by ssilk »

The game is about testing and finding out yourself. :) But yes, lasers and exoskeleton is useable multiple times. Currently the most players think it is not very effective, but again: Try yourself to find useful combinations. I think it could be effective, if you have many (!) lasers.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We were supposed to add 2-3 versions of everything including lasers, it just wasn't finished, so it is the main reason why it isn't very effective.

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

kovarex wrote:We were supposed to add 2-3 versions of everything including lasers, it just wasn't finished, so it is the main reason why it isn't very effective.
Can't Wait to "Personal Lasser Defense Mk 3" and "Personal Nukes Mk. 3" xD

VoxSerico
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VoxSerico »

VoxSerico wrote:I could not find this information anywhere;
Main question is, does having more than one "personal laser defense" equipped increase the effective firepower?

If it is so, it is not discernible in late-game firefights. If not, attempting to equip more than one should indicate it as inactive or deny item transfer.

Same thought occurs with regards to the exo-skeleton speed boost, but I have not yet tested it.
Aaanyhow... If anyone else is still wondering,
after a few way too long play sessions dragging into my sleep schedule, the answer is yes on the lasers.
They fire at the same time when they get in range, that's why it was difficult to notice.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, we should probably make some mechanism, that will make them fire at different times, so the frequency is clearly visible.

Return to “Gameplay Help”