mega biter groups.... biters way more agresive ? !

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
silver_26
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

mega biter groups.... biters way more agresive ? !

Post by silver_26 »

hello does anyone notice that the bitters are more agresive
and expand way to fast !!

iv cleared out 25 nests around my base...
within 10 min thay populated back where I just killed them
that is not coooool.....
I have 25.000 + alien stuff now

and the worst part....
sometimes thay form GROUPS !!!
not 10 or 15 bitters....

no I mean groups of 500 bitters
and thay make 4 to 6 of these groups

how do you deal with 5000 bitters at once !!!
don't for get to check mini map
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (821.19 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (933.86 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (671.52 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2522 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 2522 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: mega biter groups.... biters way more agresive ? !

Post by Koub »

Can you provide us a save to have a look ? Maybe you have high biters settings and high evolution factor ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

TheSkiGeek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheSkiGeek »

Koub wrote:Can you provide us a save to have a look ? Maybe you have high biters settings and high evolution factor ?
From the screenshot above his evolution is maxed (99.9%) and he's >100 hours in, so yes, he's maxed out on evolution at least.

If you clear nests until none are getting hit by pollution, they won't attack. Then you only need to keep them from moving back into the polluted area.

In 0.12 you could "victory pole" by placing any buildable item (many people used obsolete wooden power poles) to keep biters from expanding nearby. In 0.13 that doesn't work unless you build a *lot* of structures in an area, and they can still move nearby sometimes. So in general you have to actually wall off the area and guard it with turrets if you want enemies to permanently stay out.

There's also a "victory poles" mod for 0.13 that makes a buildable entity that sets the nearby area to the minimum expansion probability, if you want something resembling the 0.12 behavior.

Edit:

If you've let them expand so much that you can't push them back, you may want to use console commands to turn on peaceful mode and kill all the existing biters. Then you can take out the nests in the pollution area without getting overrun. I think you can also turn off biter expansion.

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _commands/ for various commands.

Vigil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vigil »

Currently I've got an evo factor of 0.19 in my world. If you could take a look at the map I'm seeing, you'd be shocked at how many biters there really are.

Now, I'm ~not~ complaining. Frankly I love the combat in factorio sometimes, it's got that real "One Man Army" feel about it. There are a few spots on my map though where there are maybe 30 nests inside a 3x3 Expansion Candidate Chunk area - quite a few spots like that, actually - all within maybe ten straight-line chunks of the starting area.

I know for a fact all my map generator settings are on medium - so, my question is: Did alien generation change? Is it naturally MUCH heavier now?

[And is there a command to kill all alien entities in an area centred around the player? Only I can't get to any oil without getting shredded. =P ]

[edit: The weird command request is a direct result of me REALLY wanting to do the whole fighting thing but having no oil to get the research I need to clean up these HUGE biter bases. I'm no lua coder, but from what I understand, I have to select all the entities in an area, filtering by force (in this case, "enemy"), then once the entities in that area have been selected i can remove them using entity.destroy, or something?

Honestly I don't know any Lua I'm just guessing here >>" ]

[edit2:

Code: Select all

/c radius = 50;
p = game.player.position;
for _,type in pairs{"unit", "unit-spawner", "turret"} do;
enemies = game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered{area={{p.x-radius,p.y-radius},{p.x+radius,p.y+radius}}, type=type, force=game.forces.enemy};
for _,enemy in pairs(enemies) do enemy.destroy(); end;
end;
I do not know the source of this code, my friend found it over skype for me because they know code, thankfully. Here's one that works, though.]
Last edited by Vigil on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[ Currently not able to service requests. Apologies for the inconvenience. ]

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

They are a lot more invasive now in terms of setting up and expanding nests near your factory. That invasiveness contributes directly to more attackers being produced.

Also note that map generation has a huge effect on the number of attackers you get - the more pollution that gets absorbed by trees, the less that gets absorbed by spawners. If the vicinity of your factory is relatively treeless you can expect more biter problems.

Return to “Gameplay Help”