Need Help: Smart Self Sorting System (S4)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Lupoviridae
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Need Help: Smart Self Sorting System (S4)

Post by Lupoviridae »

Good point. I don't think both problems can be rectified simultaneously.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

XKnight wrote:Quite interesting and original task, it was very interesting to solve it.
Could you reupload your blueprint?
Because it contains some "nickel-ore" and I don't want to bother with mods.
Sure. Here the new one:

Code: Select all

H4sIAAAAAAAA/+VZ0Y6jNhT9lRGPFVRgMMloSqX9jlWFPOAkVsFGxpltFOXfa0IyiR0wNrNNWzEvOzv42sfnXHyPLyV7qViBqpc8O2IqiCC4zY5HimqceRvU
ioDQFnOBuec3rJXPGc2Of2VB6h+yIDn5JeG4OP8VnPxLnOCItg3jInjHldACVw+ByWcg4YwGxQ63ehDsgz4H1rgk+zrAlZyCkyJoWIW1kEQLKXFBSsyDgtXv
hCLB9B2BLiD+FSrQ/IJRwVmVv+Md+iCMZ8fLRLl8Up6jJWEbwluRt2RLUZUdxaGRC34QLvao8vx+/f5hgFGx807dtK1AVGSh/LVuEO8AZd7vns/2otk7ztUc
JJo9FfmGszonVE6QbVDV4tN5JdrvRuL87kXeH9mR41KKfNb7kJMyS09y4HcPDD2L135BeLEnovtfdOp+pvQKLxrbrA3V6f27R2u50pZjTJUAoA5KQnd8wAHf
WlntdRhSokKK3SFFDpBSZbXVMCSoQgLukBIHSCtltSgaxqRymazcMaUOmEZQxGr+wMgdBXRA8aoyEw5jAiomQ04bD9d1BwzMPZXnBKZfWjEergOmwgP7OLtF
krno4NzAeG4geAwcKD7XtMAUvVc4L0nb/dsf9p85wzEq8x2iZVejhEyrNhN8f3t+/Ws/sGYlzsLhZH7MVAjHU3NDKqnXiHDho96G/XWgcrbJWYNlaexGR5bl
JL3HBwbftvQMukfbuR1CS9ydwJfiWqOq0qyF3GI/CFwG/WCs9CzfynBuSkT/ckrYCQueJOxqWtiVfTpGT0K9nka9NqYjR6SyzbSBM8QqbiDR7FhMnsNiGk6z
+Gp+qQUq/gz0vVjSOreKmGqBkdb0SbRG07R2hsXAa4H4lgU/0JbR2yEZX1MXN4jwoJHUe7bvJXzS1oHF1iOLlLrlkl4iBu+olhk311XNtS2P9u9mxvp6WKG6
GbA6d0XC4k5+fiGiWwjiROxqLORo87U8nL6W3+b6STdzWX5vaeX9MuNmbnn7hloqfl7F3dzXtJW4Y36qG9J5FgvS/zu9kG+zGiHD3nCsFaJ6S3v2w578Oy5T
ayGipQqxNglh6ElNEQqWSujKRKihFTNpOEcye9JwjsRN1xGt8EwpnixV8VeD4unMFlMyU/H4C2cgXKqAZwc6qqChpTvFaLpYRkMTo4ZW8KRbn/FOwJlxqy+8
S2c/Hf2fpP9pX7mgbrSHPlGESiM+1ts34xVUd+YDk5v8o40hB/+0bN/uNUsUzX5z0+wD84PYEbodVa5rP1oKl1i0f3RxfaNdHFMRuHvJxYoSW4iiEe8bDcio
KImTKNGSRbFoa+mnkG+8B4yKAhVRxppEne1zaDskS9bO4gOHro9v9IOj2q2dzeJSRYEWLXJ74mO38gKXTLxFzddLiG/08qOigFOvCinOgI7qZonA9XWnmimX
If0XAbnyeNCAytfAbuU3jsWe05f8DdPyb+SlP6GPJwAA
@XKnight
Your Version is very nice ... but could you explain it a little bit.
I think you using that the game everytime is round down.
4/4 = 1
5/4 = 1
6/4 = 1
7/4 = 1
8/4 = 2
usw.
I like it and its easy to build.

XKnight
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by XKnight »

Lupoviridae wrote:Good point. I don't think both problems can be rectified simultaneously.
Sometimes safety has unimaginably big price...

In this version you can take all items from any chest and don't worry about breaking something.
This behaviour is obtained in the next way:
- each item type has its own ID. Where ID / 4 is a chest number for such kind of items.
- when a new item appears in system it receives a unique ID, also it calculates the lowest free ID for the next item.
- ID may be released if next conditions are both true:
1) there is no such items in chests
2) the last item of this type was seen more than 999 ticks ago (can be tuned by changing constant).

So, if you take all iron plates from the chest, this ID won't be released immediately, because other iron plates may be going to this chest.
But if there is no any iron plates on the belt, this ID will be released as soon as possible.
New ID generation
New ID is calculated in a loop so it can take some time, but if ID is already exist throughput won't be affected.
ID releasing
Taking item from a chest doesn't regenerate ID.
Video
Blueprint
Yea, this was awesome, I like it.

P. S. Actually, you can make this system simpler, you can count
+ all items on belts (bottom belts can be freely disconnected from the circuit, because they don't have any important logic)
+ all items in inserters (they also don't have any logic inside)
+ all items in chests (they are already counted)
and use this value directly with edge filter.

P. S. 2:
DOSorDIE wrote: Sure. Here the new one:
You should be more careful while sharing blueprint, because even this blueprint is slightly broken (there is some pre-set filters in inserters and incorrect mode).
The simplest way to check if everything is ok, is to import your blueprint string and try to build system using robots.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

XKnight wrote:You should be more careful while sharing blueprint, because even this blueprint is slightly broken (there is some pre-set filters in inserters and incorrect mode).
The simplest way to check if everything is ok, is to import your blueprint string and try to build system using robots.
Thanks for the tip. Im new to blueprint sharing.

Its awsome what you make. :shock:
You real a master in Combinator use.
Im feeling me like a noob ... but i still try to learning.

Return to “Gameplay Help”