Need Help: Smart Self Sorting System (S4)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Need Help: Smart Self Sorting System (S4)

Post by DOSorDIE »

Yesterday my Smart Self Sorting System (S4) goes online after many test, but it make sometime problems.
Maybe you can help or have a better solution?

What it should do:
Get only 4 differnet type of item (as example. 100 Inserter, 20 Steam Engine, 5 Lamp, 3 Steel Axe) per chest ... when more come then in the next chest.

It looks if it have more than 4 different type of items in the chest
when no take it (and in the future)
if yes then dont take it.
And look if a another chest have allready the item so then dont take it.

I want it make more stable for any situation.
The only Config that you need is how many items per chest.

Known bugs:
when a bunch of items over the belt so that more than 1 sensor see it, and you take that item of the chest.
Smart Self Sorting System.jpg
Smart Self Sorting System.jpg (130.03 KiB) Viewed 7235 times
Blueprint String:

Code: Select all

H4sIAAAAAAAA/+1a626jOhB+lYqfR3DErUmqLvsi1RFywWmsBRsZUzWK8u7HBNLEYIztdrvNJr/aYo+Zme+bi4fm5K4gGSju0mQHMUMMwTrZ7TAoYeKsUcEg
9RCuIeW/OG5Far6D4GT3lvjuNvHivZsjCrPDw9jNCGaUFOkz3IBXRGiyyxDNGsRSvpL3omtEa5bW6AWDItmxbcXf9Iooa0DhuN2Lu0XPd/btkTUDmPH3ZaSs
AAWMn+v8aJf6s0uSw5SsU1JBvtq+IzjI4U4vbs+TEzj/JTsKc27bwcxtivIk3O/dFwohFp5G/vvJ3R6+q/NE6xmEc/iWBL2iGGW/YOERCp12W+83RAn2sg2s
mcRl93q6cRPO/1qc6xTI9RYklvu9hkZeYKBSLKq0mlcpFCXigcSZgkqqdVpeNtciOWaBPtcqVHGWuf3T8Kg+g5yA64ZikJ0tR/1yRiquqVcVgJ2txuJqBp4L
gcB1CYrCgwU3iqLMqwhfFhDpaaMHX3j56C3l6EUj9GYjLjQIuIUQPqFvGnArLY0iA40eRI3u5zVa6od5dPk8Wcl5Ek/zhFGA64pQ5j3DYpid49Yj0blHQj3B
+7GgwpUQtwkgzVHd/kzWoKjhu8YUgjzdAJy3HmfcqDphtDmtH592G1vPJb6JeaHm5kjhixxmKG8TGSmfEW7xlAkH/97Pkas/6ESu2oRd8BXSLdsg/DJNs5+O
SxpWNVYnVluuWYNZuqakTBHmx3Ro7eX0lDUJfOuTE8pXw4fpCq0EJ/wAOP7XYAOyzWeh4luBIek+FVBEw2yvCYX/RyN/Ik2OzYuDafNmozm4UsaogzdSuFQZ
vMGFUEYREXOUCa+UMUs1YyI7xkiy/bckjKV5fzoetJQct4axvlwol5uLoi/qor5dFK3UUaQYa6iQkDS03zKKLM3runtNNh82n10bAEVsU0KGMnVP78+T8XTU
J/GR18vTvdD5x6yfP5yl3a0Ho4vjkYaj1uAD/ZSv58iPRbVw844HN+9PvhK13NdtqQZ+c1XlUXK1Fwez4vglHg33ppOIRQd8rZCJl1TR5aNbkwyylQKy0ex/
GrJYgExrZOqbdazXivAQRVdVbWVTUF+B8GhmO43wwigoNevR34mYRqoUp8UDVCYL3ficB+0WpGsq7FrkwFzu0MSYNDyhQfo4jNgCwxIR3iaeSfBgPTXRaZxu
LuZemxkzKAY3He8LUFbjamnA9vCGRJdjA+uBj055u7mYu3jxW6YBXT2wqlW2pSoyKFWxwVc64RPuQv8Dko1cYCfn24lZvs3SOEtfxvZig3ni3kXZIRh2YqQh
BstjmA2O5CLdP63wd04LSXLNUbDt/R4pZA3Fd+kjxPn/SqjWRKImAAA=
Last edited by DOSorDIE on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Need Help: Smart Self Sorting System (S4)

Post by Jupiter »

Do you mean you want just 4 items in your chests or do you want 4 items of different (and unique) types in the chests?

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

I want 4 items of different (and unique) types in the chest ... i should edit it.
Thanks!

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

What you can do is to set your belt that are hooked up to your circuit network to pulse mode. You then figure out whether the inserter should pick it up. That is, if the chest already has 4 different item types and whether the item is one of the item types already stored. For that you can hook up the chest itself to the circuit network and use it's info. To actually make the inserter pick up only the stuff you need you use filter inserters and you set its filter with signals from the circuit network (using info from chest etc).

If you need help to implement, let me know.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

That whould be great if you could help me Jupiter with my System.
Now it works but not "stable" enough to let it run for a few hours without babysiting.
I take any help that i can get.
I try it to get running by myself ... but in not the master of Combinators.
But i learned much with 0.13.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

DOSorDIE wrote:Known bugs:
when a bunch of items over the belt so that more than 1 sensor see it, and you take that item of the chest.
What do you exactly mean by this? Do you mean that this go wrong when an item is at the border of 2 belts so 2 belt sensors see that item at the same time?
Then the solution is simple, leave 1 space between them.

How do you intend to use the system? Maybe we can come up with a simpler solution

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

I will make a little Picture to show you want i want ...
Iwant.png
Iwant.png (514.17 KiB) Viewed 7114 times
That was the basic idea ... but i want it with belts.
http://imgur.com/d0uCIQH

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

I have tryed it with pulse from belt, but it does nothing (Belt in pulse direct to a inserter with set filter).
So it test why.

It need the signal for 2 ticks that the inserter make anything.
and 5 ticks (near belt side) and 6 (for far side) that it take the item.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

So you just want a place where you collect all stuff you make so you can pick it up? Why don't you do it with bots? And why not just have a box for every item type or something? And why do you want that flexibility anyway? You can just manually set filters on your inserters. There is really no reason to make this complex system for something as simple as a 'shop'.

After thinking about it, there might not even be a simple elegant solution.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Jupiter wrote:So you just want a place where you collect all stuff you make so you can pick it up?
Yes ... i play with NoHandcrafting Mod ... so you need an Assembler for every stuff you build.
Jupiter wrote:Why don't you do it with bots?
At that point who i need that, i dont have robots ... and i play with BOB Mods ...
And i want a belt based System.
Jupiter wrote:And why not just have a box for every item type or something?
I dont want config more than 60 chests ... thats why i want it automatic.
Jupiter wrote:And why do you want that flexibility anyway? You can just manually set filters on your inserters.
There is really no reason to make this complex system for something as simple as a 'shop'.
I want fire and forget. I build it 1 time and then never ever must do anything.

But thanks for the try.

Lupoviridae
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Lupoviridae »

This can be done with 3 combinators per chest and a two combinator "master" register.
Combinator format: [Input conditions | Output values]

The master register:
1) Create a constant combinator that outputs a signal of 1 for every item you want stored. (Every item in the game) See EDIT 2.
2) Create an arithmatic combinator and connect the output to the constant combinator with red wire. Set to [Each * -1 | Each]

For each chest:
1) Connect the chest to the input of Decider 1 with red wire. Set 1 to: [Each > 0 | Each = 1]
2) Connect the green output to your filter inserter and Decider 2. Set 2 to [Everything == 4 | Red = 1]
3) Connect the green output of Decider 2 to a Decider 3. Set 3 to [Red == 0 | Everything = 1]
4) Connect Master Register by red wire to the input of Decider 3. Connect the red output of Decider 3 to your filter inserter.
5) Connect the red output of Decider 1 to the input of the master register arithmatic combinator.

How it works:
Decider 1 converts all the items in the chest into a signal of 1.
Decider 2 counts how many different types of items are in the chest.
Decider 3 passes on input from the master register ONLY if less than 4 item types are in the chest.
The master register outputs 1 of every item. Items already in chests are multiplied by -1 and cancel out.

I will try to post a picture of the implementation later.

EDIT: Many edits, made a few mistakes in my original layout.

EDIT2: I realized if you dont want to make a constant combinator outputting tons of signals, you can make a decider. Connect the green output to the input. Connect the red input to a belt at the beginning, and set it to [Each > 0 | Each = 1]

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Lupoviridae wrote:This can be done with 3 combinators per chest and a two combinator "master" register.
Facepalm ... A master registration! ... that the solution of all my problems :D

Thanks!
Sometime you unable to see the forest ... because there are to many trees.
I have try you solution but i think i had an error on it ... and wait for your picture/blueprint.

EDIT:
I try to insert the master registration in my solution ... hope it works.

EDIT2:
Here my solution ... work exactly how i need it ... no error and problems. Wuhu!

EDIT3: Update: Blueprint for Vanilla use

Code: Select all

H4sIAAAAAAAA/+VZ0Y6jNhT9lRGPFVRgMMloSqX9jlWFPOAkVsFGxpltFOXfa0IyiR0wNrNNWzEvOzv42sfnXHyPLyV7qViBqpc8O2IqiCC4zY5HimqceRvU
ioDQFnOBuec3rJXPGc2Of2VB6h+yIDn5JeG4OP8VnPxLnOCItg3jInjHldACVw+ByWcg4YwGxQ63ehDsgz4H1rgk+zrAlZyCkyJoWIW1kEQLKXFBSsyDgtXv
hCLB9B2BLiD+FSrQ/IJRwVmVv+Md+iCMZ8fLRLl8Up6jJWEbwluRt2RLUZUdxaGRC34QLvao8vx+/f5hgFGx807dtK1AVGSh/LVuEO8AZd7vns/2otk7ztUc
JJo9FfmGszonVE6QbVDV4tN5JdrvRuL87kXeH9mR41KKfNb7kJMyS09y4HcPDD2L135BeLEnovtfdOp+pvQKLxrbrA3V6f27R2u50pZjTJUAoA5KQnd8wAHf
WlntdRhSokKK3SFFDpBSZbXVMCSoQgLukBIHSCtltSgaxqRymazcMaUOmEZQxGr+wMgdBXRA8aoyEw5jAiomQ04bD9d1BwzMPZXnBKZfWjEergOmwgP7OLtF
krno4NzAeG4geAwcKD7XtMAUvVc4L0nb/dsf9p85wzEq8x2iZVejhEyrNhN8f3t+/Ws/sGYlzsLhZH7MVAjHU3NDKqnXiHDho96G/XWgcrbJWYNlaexGR5bl
JL3HBwbftvQMukfbuR1CS9ydwJfiWqOq0qyF3GI/CFwG/WCs9CzfynBuSkT/ckrYCQueJOxqWtiVfTpGT0K9nka9NqYjR6SyzbSBM8QqbiDR7FhMnsNiGk6z
+Gp+qQUq/gz0vVjSOreKmGqBkdb0SbRG07R2hsXAa4H4lgU/0JbR2yEZX1MXN4jwoJHUe7bvJXzS1oHF1iOLlLrlkl4iBu+olhk311XNtS2P9u9mxvp6WKG6
GbA6d0XC4k5+fiGiWwjiROxqLORo87U8nL6W3+b6STdzWX5vaeX9MuNmbnn7hloqfl7F3dzXtJW4Y36qG9J5FgvS/zu9kG+zGiHD3nCsFaJ6S3v2w578Oy5T
ayGipQqxNglh6ElNEQqWSujKRKihFTNpOEcye9JwjsRN1xGt8EwpnixV8VeD4unMFlMyU/H4C2cgXKqAZwc6qqChpTvFaLpYRkMTo4ZW8KRbn/FOwJlxqy+8
S2c/Hf2fpP9pX7mgbrSHPlGESiM+1ts34xVUd+YDk5v8o40hB/+0bN/uNUsUzX5z0+wD84PYEbodVa5rP1oKl1i0f3RxfaNdHFMRuHvJxYoSW4iiEe8bDcio
KImTKNGSRbFoa+mnkG+8B4yKAhVRxppEne1zaDskS9bO4gOHro9v9IOj2q2dzeJSRYEWLXJ74mO38gKXTLxFzddLiG/08qOigFOvCinOgI7qZonA9XWnmimX
If0XAbnyeNCAytfAbuU3jsWe05f8DdPyb+SlP6GPJwAA
Last edited by DOSorDIE on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lupoviridae
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Lupoviridae »

Ah I made a mistake with how the "Everything" function works. I had to make several changes to get it to work. Glad you got it working though!

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

i want see your solution ... maybe i can learn something from it.
Thanks for your time and solution.

Lupoviridae
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Lupoviridae »

Here's what I ended up with, actually did not use a master register at all.
Counter.PNG
Counter.PNG (261.09 KiB) Viewed 7169 times
The Decider in the bottom left is [Each > 0 | Each = 1]
-Very simply, outputs a value of 1 for each item in chest. This is sent to the filter inserter as well as the Arithmetic combinator.

The arithmetic in the bottom right is [Each * 1 | Green signal]

-Counts how many different types of items are in the chest and outputs the value as a green signal.

The Decider in the top right is [Green < 4 | Everything (input count)]
-This gets a green wire from the belt (set to Hold) and from the arithmetic combinator. Basically if less than four item types are in the chest, it outputs the values of anything on the belt.

The Decider in the top left is [Each > 0 | Each (1)]
The arithmetic in the very top left is set to [Each * -1 | Each]

-The chests are all connected by green wire to the input of the arithmetic, and its output is connected to the input of each top-left decider. Together this converts any items already stored to a negative signal, then filters it out. The output of the top-left decider goes to the filter inserter.

XKnight
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by XKnight »

Quite interesting and original task, it was very interesting to solve it.
My try
DOSorDIE wrote: EDIT2:
Here my solution ... work exactly how i need it ... no error and problems. Wuhu!
Could you reupload your blueprint?
Because it contains some "nickel-ore" and I don't want to bother with mods.

Lupoviridae
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Lupoviridae »

XKnight wrote:Quite interesting and original task, it was very interesting to solve it.
My try
DOSorDIE wrote: EDIT2:
Could you reupload your blueprint?
Because it contains some "nickel-ore" and I don't want to bother with mods.
How does this work? If you empty one of the chests, does it clear the filter?

XKnight
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by XKnight »

Lupoviridae wrote: How does this work? If you empty one of the chests, does it clear the filter?
Nope, each item recieve unique ID during the first appearance.
Blueprint

Lupoviridae
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Lupoviridae »

I believe he wants it so that if the chest is emptied it always grabs the next item (that isn't already in a chest), rather than being a set filter. Though I'm not sure why.

XKnight
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by XKnight »

And what about this situation?
Player picked up all items from chest, while other items are still moving on the belt. So these items can fall simultaneously into two different chests (or almost simultaneously: within inserter's half-rotation).

Return to “Gameplay Help”