[Solved] How I get 7 Item in a chest?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Solved] How I get 7 Item in a chest?

Post by DOSorDIE »

How I get 7 Item in a chest?
Its "Impossible" when after research "Stack Inserter capacity Bonus 2"
Or did anyone have a solution for it?
Help?

And yes i need this for my Smart Factory!!!

Best Solution look here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28999&start=10#p186920
Thanks Jupiter
Last edited by DOSorDIE on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How I get 7 Item in a chest?

Post by Neotix »

Inserter have fixed time when he wait to grab next item. When inserter grab item and wait longer then that time, he will move that one item.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Neotix wrote:Inserter have fixed time when he wait to grab next item. When inserter grab item and wait longer then that time, he will move that one item.
Intersting. Maybe make the belt (or 2) on hold for that time, but its only a dirty solution ... but better than nothing ... i will try.
Thanks for the Idea!

Thegrover
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thegrover »

Have inserters pick up 14 items (or some other multiple of 7), then feed them through a splitter (or system of splitters) to get the right number, feeding the extras back to behind the system

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gertibrumm »

By regretting your research and starting from new. :lol:
By the way, the map editor is an awesome way to quick insert yourself into a new game.
Sorry in advance if this totally helps
good luck

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Harkonnen604 »

Heh :) it sounds so many times that devs probably should drop items one by one and recheck circuit/logistic condition after every single piece dropped (within single update tick ofc). Whatever remains in stacked inserter hand remains there, but the hand is turned back to gather more and gathering timeout is reset.

Though it may break behavior for mixed belts - inserter won't be able to start accumulating other type of items if hand returned non-empty. For that reason I think there should be "allow overdrop" checkbox that disables behavior described above, default on. It may also affect behavior of inserters feeding assembly machines.

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gertibrumm »

Normal inserters should not be effected by stack bonus upgrades, due to the fact that many old saves are broken now.
Filter inserters should not prioritize signals but have unlimit filter slots.
Also the count that fully upgraded stack inserters could insert (13) makes no sense for smart furnacing (steel wants 10 not 13)
I think this summarizes my problems for .13

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

I see that BOB Mod has make a own research for the "Normal Inserter Bonus" ... so i dont research it and i can have better Stack Inserter :D

But i would prefer this solution
Stack Bonus.jpg
Stack Bonus.jpg (98.15 KiB) Viewed 5491 times

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gertibrumm »

So there is a cure :twisted:

Tanatos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tanatos »

Work solution.
I use Constant combinator for set count items. If you use the settings in the Transport belt and Inserters, you can not use logic.
The buffer (Transport Belt [4]) must contain ALL the items that need to be put in a chest. More items = more long line.
Config: A = count any items in transport belt
Chest is necessary to empty and return to the priority line.

Blueprint string

Code: Select all

H4sIAAAAAAAA/82XbW+bMBDHv0rFa6gwTVZNmyf1c1ST5eBLcxLYyDbpIsR3n02eMCEpRKvWV3mwz/b97n9/jFAPhcp58cBog7mShjYNSgF/KIkNvkle0Mbu
KqARWiijWPLSfbeaS1MpbZMVFDZq2/gQlN0IEpCjAJ3kqlyh5FZpF9jGIC1aBL/x6OJxpYyboCRt/Po7miz8flfXDOanj0sfkbWxQA159/e32OVptSrYCjZ8
i0rT5rAOcyOiC3bHWaM2loX5bFHbmhfHlPaDCfB8E7V+WWO5tDR1X8uKa38eGv2KYlXbqp621g6KQr13q1U7d55aWrbWqmQo3RLU6hrabiu5T8cd9DUi0W/a
aBCOYYdzx1BQh6k9k/qQ6lM7wiVHnddoGUi+KoAJNP6TrnlhID4OauCCbbgUHp91BzDdMU/jx3/3E0slgJJPSSH7gik4rL1f2WlF94ME2X0k5YTstUw+V8s9
/Y2qmc5S85sGkPeIuQsMQD730WUe3GuUjU8lIdncFc3iFhJfN+YtKdkqFEO8Dm7aZ5vNdZlPrsy/dJm76zKUd4f6eiWW1/VuLECR5Bswg1ZOu0Kc5qE0oC0M
kF9W60brn3jPwX1EZMCHTwp56Yj2azJZ3SQNfILMc770CxqfV0Z8mej3MM9QE+O1zi6aa/EFik0uiz2Zajc0n2iokedBb43AHkQshxZ6Js812k0JFvPrLufK
kD0ux6R2jr7T2176xkZiVYGj6veNklm+Rror5SSYi9uPkHkNmPWeNoc0rnIk3fwRimssnPb9RXg6Mufc9Ck+3Ngn5z68hnzcp1konWBsOQsVueVV/8upf/aa
d+CXQeOONHbopyN+mU5+BszT3NPNG45Rtc7hMmoR+uhZc8e3vsPm6DSMden2ds0t36LeK961Gf7s+zEJ74xkUftDg621fGA/QIq/R21VL2sOAAA=
5-Line shema for 5 components in All-In-One-Line
Config: Negativ value for each line by item type and summ all negativ values in equal conbinator

Code: Select all

H4sIAAAAAAAA/+VY0W6jOhD9lYrHe2EFdkgb9Xp/ZLVCLkwTS2CQMW2jiH+/hpBt7NiNabPatLsvXcdmPHPOjOfYRX1T1jktbzKyY3nNW7LbMV7AC0nClq05
LclObhsgAZNQBSGnlfq/FJS3TS1k9AClDPq+D4FLJhkM3+/XUMHkpgLJ8iivqwfGqaxFEDZ1q9bVnOxeSIS+peGWRLgPCyYgH39fhsoNKeoye4ANfWK1ILtX
W5maLEYDaqdHJlqZ6W4+MSE7Wh483U9GQPNN0A+WW0m5JFES1g0IOu4Y/BOEdSebbo6tfrTG904rX34ESfCT7AQUCoERjG3GCoLDnIm8Y3IYoOGrHwGyLUTH
C5N++BdOSBaQswKEG0Y8gJh8S3sLdNPH78RNeanBhhI1qBoqBi9IQGYBtxYAfDTXbJU/HZfZo6irjHFlgUjRgSeoiQFqOFrWlyxcwJ+uxR+AHv026F/RmsCP
Nei//xnojXwOjyFPz9OCfMvB4CR0sa9PLTTyGG9BSDApSwbK0PGRs7CQd9jjF3kX5e4CaK88Yo0/T6jJnRaP0WFOo8J+a/ds43NAfaKcQNiDePSJ4kHexKMZ
xPvxjj8RTqk3TtiI3UeKDd/E9j52cfUVH4uvf2c1slGQOBCzqIDUbO1uFfARAYbc4H1MBMATiK3cML52Z9AlRdgjLVuXFDgnshKzPx0P0dK/2fv1tfhPVi0Z
pib7AmiRbSgvhp2kiqodBdWv+XFqXFTVBQwwefbDY/xw7CttvjouRl7dari0EqCM8g20Ns3gu8VS2yK1XzAMP7CfH3s94uvIralubY6kbxThnadW+OJJg3Tt
jH3uCX9BLamk1WBJ/HIYzUhhFGtbrOy3Qt0PQ+k4/ZhTSkgvjDt7KelnrqFM3Qryq6dJqqeJJz14Dj0L/dxyvB7ohBwAeVuXIZsqe2SlYnJ4rHQ/cqrAaBUB
XzMOERoJUGqJLNBqsVreolUaTg+lyiG3FVo8UZ5DEU0cnNpJJjvoTTsKA8pZVym5r/T4pAetdrCfnbWyEz1vFHluUws/U01JJbitpL6PpchRlicqfsbdP7HR
fzAHnD6UkBWsHf7u1a93MR1+fYeG0fs68n/6GEOyZrTnEXMmwa0nzH9HJ4yBmAaIBTAdUQtisWdmLE3Vpw1X3gDGF8TPWtpXi+DJfUIb+j/CxFdaVEgX5MnS
O6JrPSYMzTKDo0ueEtbGc61ZjhPzYNAQxN4IOpXDRxA0Wu7VgnhyW9KG/oWFrrSwsHHfiL0jwlcaEXo3R/h3JPqrILzaHE9tJ0M/BcLhOUsWQX8vQHaC32T3
wIv/Ae3c2rErIQAA
Attachments
5-Line.png
5-Line.png (263.62 KiB) Viewed 5414 times
Portions.png
Portions.png (474.66 KiB) Viewed 5414 times

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Very complicated ... but it works :D
A very nice solution.
But need much space ... to much for my little Smart Factory.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

I posted a solution already in another thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28110

Copied here:
========================================================================

So I came up with the following setup in an attempt to create an inserter that can grab only a specified number of items at a time. This only works when grabbing from belts. Grabbing out of anything with an inventory (trains, chests etc) does not work at all. A work-around is of course to put a belt between the inventory thing and your inserter.

Image Image

In this setup I use arithmetic overflow of signal values in a network to let the signal be >0 (thus removing the filter from the inserter) when I want it to and otherwise be some (high) number above 0 otherwise (and activating the filter). As shown, the constant combinator outputs 2 signals of the type of item that you're going to grab. One signal is always 2^31 - 1= 2147483647. By experiment I found out that signal values are stored in 32-bit signed 2-complement integers thus the number of bits signifying the magnitude of the number is 31 (so 2147483647 is the biggest positive number possible and -2147483648 the largest negative).
The second signal is -x + 1 where x is the limit of items grabbed at a time.

So how this works is that the inserter also reads what it is holding and adds it to the big number. As long as it doesn't reach the item limit then no overflow will occur. When it does, then overflow occurs and the signal value will be -2147483648 and it removes the filter from the inserter. The small signal from the combinator will prevent overflow from happening for a while so it controls your item limit.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

:o You my hero!
That is perfect :D

Thanks!

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

DOSorDIE wrote::o You my hero!
That is perfect :D

Thanks!
No problem! ;)

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

Gertibrumm wrote:Normal inserters should not be effected by stack bonus upgrades, due to the fact that many old saves are broken now.
Filter inserters should not prioritize signals but have unlimit filter slots.
Also the count that fully upgraded stack inserters could insert (13) makes no sense for smart furnacing (steel wants 10 not 13)
I think this summarizes my problems for .13
All the setups that require precise item counts are super-hard now. It's not because normal inserters have a stack bonus (they did have it in 0.12), but it's because they now pick up multiples from belts. So you can't force single item drops anymore by putting a belt in between the chest and the inserter.

Filter inserters can't have unlimited slots (that's impossible to represent in the UI, and it's probably overpowered). However, there needs to be a way to influence which of the signals is picked for the filter input(s). XKnight has proposed an extension to the Decider Combinator that would allow us to at least know which signal will be input.

You can make a complicated contraption to reduce several input signals down to one (I'm not talking about a signal filter, what I mean is signal "disambiguation), but that requires at least 7 combinators and some Black Magic. However, if you absolutely need to know which filter you're actually setting (and most smart setups do need to know), then this is probably your best bet right now.

We need a way to influence the stack count dynamically (also being discussing in another thread).

We also should be able to use both the "enable/disable" mode and the "set filter" mode at the same time on an inserter. Currently you can use only one, and that's a bit limiting.

Right now the inserter situation is unsatisfactory. Some advanced setups have become just too tedious or even impossible to solve.
Jupiter wrote:I posted a solution already in another thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28110
Wow, that is clever, and so simple.

Unfortunately, having the "read hand" output also setting the filter can be a hindrance in other scenarios. But in this case it opens a clever way to limit the item count. I'll have to think about if I can solve my current train loader problem with that technique.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Solved] How I get 7 Item in a chest?

Post by DOSorDIE »

That solution work great for chests ... but not for Trains (Train to chest)?
How i can solve that problem?
I need to get out a exact amout of items out of the train.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Solved] How I get 7 Item in a chest?

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

See this discussion on getting a better solution for this problem.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Gameplay Help”