Changing the frequency of alien bases of existing game

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
maddrummer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Changing the frequency of alien bases of existing game

Post by maddrummer »

Is it possible to change the amount of alien bases in a game already started, because I remember setting the frequency to "very low" and size to "none" when I first generated the map, since I didn't realize alien artifacts are drops from aliens.

twepy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Changing the frequency of alien bases of existing game

Post by twepy »

As far as i know there is no option to change those start settings mid game. The only options are starting a new game with Aliens or cheat by giving yourself artifacts.
Open console with tilde (~) and type: /c game.local_player.insert{name="alien-artifact", count=<number>}

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Only way I know would be to use RSO and enable in it ignoring of map settings then calling regenerate.
It might be much to drastic solution for your taste especially if you have big base and lots of outposts.

twepy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by twepy »

Warlord1981NL from the Biter bases topic i learned thats possible to spawn enemies through the console.

Open console with tilde (~) and type:

Code: Select all

/c game.get_surface(1).create_entity{name="biter-spawner", position={game.local_player.position.x, game.local_player.position.y-50},force=game.forces.enemy}
This creates a spawner base at 50 squares above your current position, ive tried it and it works. Im not sure if they gonna create new bases from that one spawner base.

Greyfell309
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Greyfell309 »

twepy wrote:Warlord1981NL from the Biter bases topic i learned thats possible to spawn enemies through the console.

Open console with tilde (~) and type:

/c game.get_surface(1).create_entity{name="biter-spawner", position={game.local_player.position.x, game.local_player.position.y-50},force=game.forces.enemy}
This creates a spawner base at 50 squares above your current position, ive tried it and it works. Im not sure if they gonna create new bases from that one spawner base.
Does not work for me. I really need a spawn enemy base command that works.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

As an alternative, you could install the Alien Science mod, it allows you to craft alien science packs and goo balls from red/green/blue science packs.

Permittivity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Permittivity »

Or you may be interested in viewtopic.php?t=33913#p213270

Basically, 0.15 unstable should be coming soon for some definition of the word. The alien artifacts will no longer be needed for research. No idea how smooth the transition to 0.15 will be for an existing world. You will at least need to rebuild steam power due to the change in the size of boilers, but it's better than starting over.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Greyfell309 wrote: Does not work for me. I really need a spawn enemy base command that works.
Type it twice.

This creates one respawner every 32x32 tiles:

/c local surface = game.player.surface
for c in surface.get_chunks() do
	local position = surface.find_non_colliding_position("biter-spawner", {x=c.x*32+16, y=c.y*32+16}, 10, 3)
	if position and surface.is_chunk_generated(c) then
		surface.create_entity{name="biter-spawner", position=position}
	end
end

Return to “Gameplay Help”