Building count

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Building count

Post by Sworn »

Is it possible to count how many of XXX buildings you have placed (in the world)?

A conditions that you select a building and it's returns how many do you have placed in your world.

You have in a circuit conditions the Total of Robots, and would be perfect if you could get the total of Roboports, then any time you place a new roboport, with some combinator will be possible to count how many roboports you have and create more robots.

Like if you want 250 robots per RoboPort, so using the arithimetic combinator you could do Total Robots * TotalRoboports and use this a condition to starts the robot production while it's less then this result.

burgerhex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Building count

Post by burgerhex »

This is the only thing I can think of, but it might lag you: Grab a deconstruction planner, go to the top corner of your base, walk all the way to the bottom of your base (DON'T LET GO OF YOUR MOUSE), and it'll tell you how much of each building you have.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

A mod could certainly add this. Maybe post a feature request to one of the mods that adds smarts to the logistics network?

creekz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by creekz »

burgerhex wrote:This is the only thing I can think of, but it might lag you: Grab a deconstruction planner, go to the top corner of your base, walk all the way to the bottom of your base (DON'T LET GO OF YOUR MOUSE), and it'll tell you how much of each building you have.

Wouldn't it be better to use a Blueprint instead of deconstruction planner? Your base wouldn't vanish if you let the mouse go. x)

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Couldn't you get a rough count of buildings by looking at power usage?

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I want to implement this. Counting the buildings is trivial. The problem is where/how to show it to the player. I can't figure out if/how you can write new info to the existing UI, or if I'm going to have to add a new GUI button/panel like some of the logistics mods do.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

you could show as the same of the robots count on the logistc network, like one more wire condition.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

What would the one new wire signal mean? I thought you wanted a count of each building type.

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

It would be handy if it gets a console command like:

>> count

gives count of all buildings

>> count roboports

gives count of the roboports

but then you can't use it yet for the logistic network.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

if " Counting the buildings is trivial", you could add the build count to an signal and "some how" filter the building type. Something like a filter. A block that has one slot, you filter the building on this slot and it's output a signal with that building count

Return to “Gameplay Help”