Personal Roboport Problem

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Personal Roboport Problem

Post by DRY411S »

I'm quite new here and learning the game.

I equipped some armour with a personal Roboport, grabbed some construction bots, created a blueprint and tested it.

Success!

Then I issued a deconstruction order for the same blueprint. The bots grabbed SOME of the stuff, and flew around my head carrying it, not putting it back in inventory. Everywhere I went they followed me very slowly, carrying stuff.

Reading around the problem, I realise it was because I didn't have any power in my armour. I didn't have any purple circuits in the network to make any either. Getting close to the Roboport buildings, they didn't charge there either.
  1. Is there a way to grab these bots and get back the stuff they are carrying?
  2. Is this a bug? The Roboport buildings don't become active until they've charged up. Maybe it should be the same for Personal Roboports too.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Personal Roboport Problem

Post by Neemys »

1. Yeah right click on them and you take them and the item they were carrying in your inventory (work for construction et robotic from base roboport too).

2. If they hang arround you it's because you don't have enought energy to charge them up. And yes even if you have no energy bot are going to work. You can abuse that by getting robot back in inventory with right click (they get energy back to full). I don't think it's a bug. Because if you don't make robot work long they go straight in you inventory without charging so you can even use them without power.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Thanks I'll give the right click a go.

I do think it's not consistent though with the Roboport buildings. The bots won't leave the building if they aren't fully charged.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

On a roboport, robot won't leave to work only if the roboport have 0 energy left (if there is little, bot will work). And yes when robot need energy they will do nothing but seeking energy.

Maybe robot work everytime with personnal roboport because the player (which don't need energy to work) give order directly ? As a normal roboport can't give order to robot if it doesn't have energy.

This reason aside, yes they are inconsistent with normal roboport. Personnal roboport is a great thing but need some tweak. Like not ripping the last item I use to make ghost print from my hand. Be togglabble will be great to. I will stop here wrong section for that ;)
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

Neemys wrote: This reason aside, yes they are inconsistent with normal roboport. Personnal roboport is a great thing but need some tweak. Like not ripping the last item I use to make ghost print from my hand. Be togglabble will be great to. I will stop here wrong section for that ;)
painfully true :lol:

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

TN_Creator wrote:
Neemys wrote: This reason aside, yes they are inconsistent with normal roboport. Personnal roboport is a great thing but need some tweak. Like not ripping the last item I use to make ghost print from my hand. Be togglabble will be great to. I will stop here wrong section for that ;)
painfully true :lol:

If you run fast enough, you can ghost place while running so the robot don't catch you (and do not take the item ;) ) or use blueprint of the item.

Return to “Gameplay Help”