Craft a specific number of items

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
cjmarsh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Craft a specific number of items

Post by cjmarsh »

Is there any way to craft a certain number of items from your inventory? For example, if I wanted to craft 100 transport belts instead of all 426 can I do that in any other way besides doing the whole stack and canceling at 100?

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Craft a specific number of items

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

I think SHIFT rightclick produces 5 at a time. This shortens the clicks.

In the game there are 3 create modes. 1 per click, 5 per click and all per click. Others are not (yet?) implemented.

On the other hand, if you are in the logistic bots, then make an assembler wich creates a great enough storage and demand the wished numbers via logistic bots :).

cjmarsh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cjmarsh »

Ah I didn't know about the 5 per click mode, that works out nicely. Thanks.

StarFox31
Inserter
Inserter

Post by StarFox31 »

Yeah I wish we could put in an exact number. The 5 per click is what I mostly use now. That or just the "make all available."

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Does right-click produce half the max, like when removing half the items from an inventory stack?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

DRY411S wrote:Does right-click produce half the max, like when removing half the items from an inventory stack?
No, left-click for 1, right-click for 5 and shift+left-click for all of them.
Works in the inventory when crafting and in the crafting queue when removing items there.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

cjmarsh wrote:Is there any way to craft a certain number of items from your inventory? For example, if I wanted to craft 100 transport belts instead of all 426 can I do that in any other way besides doing the whole stack and canceling at 100?
Kind of related, the way I get a set inventory early game is to set an assembler to only craft so many stacks of items into a chest and then just drive by and pick up the whole chest. I set a chest to only have 2 stacks of gears and then CTRL click the chest.

Return to “Gameplay Help”