Furnaces keep getting stone

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
RektSalad69
Inserter
Inserter

Furnaces keep getting stone

Post by RektSalad69 »

I have no idea why but I have some Electic Mines that lead the iron ore to some stell furnaces and they keep ketting stone in them sometimes, it happens pretty rarely but it's annoying and I have no stone mines that lead there. Does anyone have an idea what's happening, I'm new to the game

twepy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Furnaces keep getting stone

Post by twepy »

Hard to tell without screenshots or a savegame to look at :). Most likely somewhere a inserter is doing the wrong thing.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

You probably have a stone patch hidden, mixed with an iron one
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Scrogz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Scrogz »

You have a stone patch, maybe only a single point, somewhere in your iron field. Take a real close look. Happens to me often.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Scrogz wrote:You have a stone patch, maybe only a single point, somewhere in your iron field. Take a real close look. Happens to me often.
Hover over all drillers. In the bottom you see what is under them. And be aware that the miningradius of electric drillers is greater than the driller itself.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Sounds like one or more of your drills is also mining some stone along with the Iron. If you hover over a miner, in the bottom of the info screen that shows up it will show what resources the miner is covering. You should be able to locate the one doing stone like that and move it. :)
Image Image Image

byronczimmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by byronczimmer »

If you're far enough along, drop a set of smart inserters near the raw iron before the smelting area, set to grab stone ore and drop it into a chest.

Think of them as Quality Control grabbing rocks from the line.

RektSalad69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RektSalad69 »

byronczimmer wrote:If you're far enough along, drop a set of smart inserters near the raw iron before the smelting area, set to grab stone ore and drop it into a chest.

Think of them as Quality Control grabbing rocks from the line.
That is what I did but I wanted to know if this was a feature to make production harder or I did something wrong (first time I play the game) . It seems that it's just some stone mixed in somewhere but there's no point in isolating it now.

Return to “Gameplay Help”