Few questions and comments

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Few questions and comments

Post by TGS »

Firstly, it appears that folders can now be used in saves? The question is there doesn't appear to be a mechanism for creating said folders? Or does that have to be done out of game and simply utilized by the game? Pretty cool either way. But it would be nice if there was a way to do it in-game. Also being able to delete saves is a great addition as well.

Secondly, do pump jacks/oil derricks 'pump'/degrade the well even if no pipe is connected and the oil is essentially going nowhere? I suspect so given that they are performing the animation and drawing power. I think that'll be something to watch out for.

I had a third one but I forgot what it was. Overall I think the new patch and oil is really good. I think it is a tad over complicated and convoluted in some ways. I don't think there is anything wrong with having the complexity in the system, but some of the costs associated with it should probably be addressed. I think there are a few techs that could be eliminated and combined into other techs. For a first pass though this is really good. I do hope it will be tweaked and refined though.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Few questions and comments

Post by kovarex »

Hello. The pumpjack pumps as long as there is space to put it (it has the internal buffer). Once it is empty it stops as well as the animation stops.
Yes, directories has to be done manually, I feel like this is enough, as making gui for making directories in the saves folder might be over the top.

Return to “Gameplay Help”