Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Crozzfire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by Crozzfire »

TheBloke wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:50 pm
Crozzfire wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:39 pm
Question: I removed a blueprint from the game while I had it in the shortcut bar. Now there is a big red X there that I can't seem to remove or replace with another one. What to do?
EDIT: sorry, I was completely confused there

You just need to middle-mouse-button to remove the red X like with any other quickbar icon. It's working fine. Sorry for the confusion in my first response (my middle mouse button had temporarily stopped working, great timing! :) )
Thanks, it works. I didn't get to see the unedited response so all good :D

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

Hi, I prefer to ask it here because it's related to the game play i got, i dont know if there any suggestion like i will try to do.

I recently learned that the roboport act as provider, but there is like a gap in the logic for me.With all the actual system, if the Roboport act as provider, so it's like a chest? why i cant have the info, or the option like the logistic chest available? i mean like available bots in a specific roboports and the tools in it and also have like a request for bot parking, like the requesting line on the blue chest? I try to figure it out all that things work, but some path in the "logic flow chart" are like missing for me

Ty for your time and sorry if the question is a bit wierd, i dont know where else i can put it for what i have in thought.
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

Tekillaa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 am
Hi, I prefer to ask it here because it's related to the game play i got, i dont know if there any suggestion like i will try to do.

I recently learned that the roboport act as provider, but there is like a gap in the logic for me.With all the actual system, if the Roboport act as provider, so it's like a chest? why i cant have the info, or the option like the logistic chest available? i mean like available bots in a specific roboports and the tools in it and also have like a request for bot parking, like the requesting line on the blue chest? I try to figure it out all that things work, but some path in the "logic flow chart" are like missing for me

Ty for your time and sorry if the question is a bit wierd, i dont know where else i can put it for what i have in thought.
You're right. In order to help managing the bots in the network, it would be very helpful if the devs would introduce a way to "direct" them. There is no tool available as of today.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

Ty for the answer, i was hoping missing something, but now, to my point of view it's mostly something missing for a good vanilla experience. I go into the idea and suggestion section make the full development of Roboport option's in a decent post.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

I'm not sure if modding question is appropriate here, but it's very short:
Concrete replaces bricks, but covers landfill. What property in tile prototypes is responsible for this behavior?

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

Hi, Landfill create a normal floor 100% speed, brick is 130% and concrete 140% so the behaviour is normal to go from 100% to 140%

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

Tekillaa wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:10 pm
Hi, Landfill create a normal floor 100% speed, brick is 130% and concrete 140% so the behaviour is normal to go from 100% to 140%
No-no-no. Why concrete is placed on top of landfill, but replaces bricks?

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

leadraven wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:26 pm
Tekillaa wrote:
Landfill replaces water with dirt/ground. Concrete and brick are both placed on top of dirt and one will replace the other, but the dirt is still underneath.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

leadraven wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:26 pm
Tekillaa wrote:
I think it is simply because landfill is set as unmineable and so instead of replacing the tile and giving you back the item you would get if you mined it, it places it "on top" and sets the old tile as the hidden_tile of the new one. This is then used to put the original tile "back" if you mine the mineable tile.

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

Question about future fluid system.
pump.png
pump.png (43.09 KiB) Viewed 4956 times
Will water leak into right tank, or will pump drain entire flow into bottom tank?
Currently it works unpredictable, depending on orientation and/or building order. But how it should work with new physics?
I understand that fluids are better to be controlled with circuit network, but I like analog management very much.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

We should have valves which we could toggle to shut off the flow down a given pipe.

edit: ways to make a valve off the top of my head (these may not all work):

1.) hook pump to circuit network, use constant combinator--you can just manually turn it on or off

2.) hook pump to decider combinator and have valve automatically shut off when certain condition is reached, e.g. the tank is half full

3.) hook pump to power switch, and you can manually toggle the switch, or hook up the switch to the circuit network

4.) manually remove the section of pipe (results in a small amount of fluid loss if it cannot be pushed into adjacent pipes)

5.) do a complicated setup such as giving it a slave power system but the inserters feeding the boiler shut down if the flame turret pipeline ever has more than 25% as much oil as the plastic array. The buffer fuel in the boiler will ensure that the switch maintains an interval rather than rapidly switching on and off. You might need a power-wasting setup, such as a bunch of inserters moving items around a square belt system
Last edited by thereaverofdarkness on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

thereaverofdarkness wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:00 pm
We should have valves which we could toggle to shut off the flow down a given pipe.
A pump plus constant combinator does exactly that. Add a lamp for visual display of status. Not as elegant as a special purpose valve, but it works, and quite reliably.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Don't even need a combinator in most cases...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:06 am
Don't even need a combinator in most cases...
Yeah, I know that 1 circuit wire is enough, but I like to build circuit-free. Moreover, sometimes this pump trick works. I just want to know how it will work after upgrade, so I could already plan pipe setups.

nog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nog »

Simple and with no doubt : we can't answer instead of the developers, only they know the answer.

E-37
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by E-37 »

Is there any way to remove achievements for all games? I don't really care about achievements and I'd rather not play with them at all. Are there any mods that remove all the achievements or simply activates the "used a console cheat" flag? Can someone who has all the modded achievements post their achievements save file? I always play with little helper mods like long reach and squeak through so I don't care about vanilla achievements.

Every factory I make I change the player color and name the factory after the color like "Green Factory" "Red Factory" etc. I guess that I could use the console command that disables achievements to change my color at the start of every game but I feel like there should be a simpler solution. You know, automate everything!

I thought about making the achievement file read-only but I figured that would only make me re-achieve a large amount of them every time I load my current factory.
Good things come in bags marked "SWAG"

boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by boran_blok »

Hi, I am switching all my trains from rocket fuel to nuclear fuel, I replaced the request chest to ask 3 nuclear fuel instead of 30 rocket fuel, and emptied out the rocket fuel in the chests.

Now trains getting refueled will use nuclear fuel.

However, my question is about the existing rocket fuel inside the train.
Logically the trains will use up at least one stack of rocket fuel before they will get a unit of nuclear fuel.

But what then, will the trains use up their existing stock of rocket fuel first?
Or will they use the better nuclear fuel first, and keep driving around with 2 stacks of now unused rocket fuel?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Train fuel is implemented as a queue. The stack on the left is burned first, then the remaining stacks slide left. So a train has to burn all its old fuel before it can start on new fuel.

totallymeyou
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by totallymeyou »

A long while ago I decided to turn off pollution in my 5k spm base map because I hoped it would help with UPS/FPS.

Now that the base is basically useless due to the 0.17 changes, I decided I would start over fresh, with biters and all.

Sadly I can't seem to actually see the pollution on my map, making it hard to find out where I need to start worrying about incoming biters. ALT-Mode doesn't show it, the debug mode does show me the polluted chunks, but I'd rather have the classical different shades of red indicating levels of pollution. Now my question is, is this caused by the command I entered in a different save ages ago, or is it just a simple matter of changing something in my settings? I have not found anything regarding this ingame, but I might as well be blind.

Please help me see pollution again! :)

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

totallymeyou wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:18 pm
A long while ago I decided to turn off pollution in my 5k spm base map because I hoped it would help with UPS/FPS.

Now that the base is basically useless due to the 0.17 changes, I decided I would start over fresh, with biters and all.

Sadly I can't seem to actually see the pollution on my map, making it hard to find out where I need to start worrying about incoming biters. ALT-Mode doesn't show it, the debug mode does show me the polluted chunks, but I'd rather have the classical different shades of red indicating levels of pollution. Now my question is, is this caused by the command I entered in a different save ages ago, or is it just a simple matter of changing something in my settings? I have not found anything regarding this ingame, but I might as well be blind.

Please help me see pollution again! :)
Map, top right panel, press that red square button.

Return to “Gameplay Help”