Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by DJQuad »

Does anyone know the "calculation" that goes with when you shift right-click on an assembler and then shift-click on a requester chest? You can of course change the values in the requester chest afterwards but the default values seem all over the place.

The latest requests were for red circuits. One requester chest wanted 14, the other wanted 12k.

Serenity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Serenity »

DJQuad wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:30 pm
Does anyone know the "calculation" that goes with when you shift right-click on an assembler and then shift-click on a requester chest?
It requests enough for 30 seconds of crafting

valneq
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by valneq »

This specifically means: assembling machine 3 will request more items, adding speed modules will increase amount of requested items even further.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

In other words, its based on the machine’s speed at that moment ... faster machines need more materials to keep running smoothly.

AM1 would want so much Iron Plate to make Gears. AM3 with four PM3 modules, and 8 SM3 beacons around it, will request a lot more Iron Plate, but will also make a lot more Gears per minute than the AM1 would.

This is the reason I tend to make a little mock up of a machine, and 8 beacons, before blueprinting a production area. I don’t feed it materials, but I do make sure that the machine has all the PM3’s it can handle (slows recipe speed down) and a full load of Speed Beacons (dramatically speeds recipe speed up) before I Copy/Paste the machine onto the Requestor Chest.

Return to “Gameplay Help”