Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DevilOnRun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by DevilOnRun »

Thanks, thats got it. shift-right click works perfectly!

Boboss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Boboss »

Hi, how can I saw the total resources inside the logistic network (without mod)?
(I'm pretty sure I already saw this king of information in 0.14 or 0.15, but I can not find it anymore)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Boboss wrote:Hi, how can I saw the total resources inside the logistic network (without mod)?
(I'm pretty sure I already saw this king of information in 0.14 or 0.15, but I can not find it anymore)
Press L on the keyboard, it will open the logistic network screen (this is a 0.15 feature).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Boboss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Boboss »

Thanks you!

saneman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by saneman »

When creating a new game and going to the advanced settings tab, is there any way to modify the values precisely other than the sliders which aren't very precise? I tried all sorts of shift-clicks, alt-clicks, ctrl-clicks and nothing was able to give me a way to get a precise value.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

saneman wrote:When creating a new game and going to the advanced settings tab, is there any way to modify the values precisely other than the sliders which aren't very precise? I tried all sorts of shift-clicks, alt-clicks, ctrl-clicks and nothing was able to give me a way to get a precise value.
Sorry, but no.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

saneman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by saneman »

Will there be any feature like this in the future? i usually get around it with cheat engine, but its kinda cumbersome.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

This isn't so much game help as a development request / enquiry, post it in an FFF.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

saneman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by saneman »

I put my question in gameplay help because the new game options determine gameplay.

saneman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by saneman »

The dubug options "Show-paths", "Show-next-waypoint-bb", "Show-target", "Show-unit-group-info", and "Show-unit-behavior-info" don't seem to be working. Are they temporarily disabled for the experimental versions of the game or is there a problem that prevents them from showing what they are supposed to show?

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

Hey,
i have trouble make the yellow "high.tec" science pack. Im allways short of green circuts.

How many copper wire and green circut-factorys do you use for this?

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

Nemac wrote:Hey,
i have trouble make the yellow "high.tec" science pack. Im allways short of green circuts.

How many copper wire and green circut-factorys do you use for this?
On expensive recipe setting, it costs 87 green circuits and 30 copper cable to produce 2x high-tech science pack. If you want to produce 1 science pack per crafting second (cs), you need 7 assemblers making science packs which costs an input of 21 processing units, 7 speed modules, 7 batteries, and 30 copper cable per 14 cs. You can make this with 15 assemblers making processing units, 8 assemblers making speed modules, and 2-3 chemical plants making batteries (depending on your assembler type). This will cost 455 green circuits and 77 red circuits per 14 cs, or 65 green circuits and 11 red circuits per 2 cs. You can produce the red circuits with 33 assemblers which will cost 11 green circuits, 22 plastic bars, and 44 copper cables per cs. That's 477 green circuits and 92.3 copper cable per 2 cs so far. You can produce the green circuits in 239 assemblers which will cost 477 iron plates and 2385 copper cables per cs. You can produce the 2478 total copper cables per cs in 1239 assemblers which will cost an input of 1239 copper plates per cs. Without modules, that's 929.25 per second if you're using blue assemblers, or 1548.75 per second if you're using yellow assemblers. The ratio is the same if you put the same modules in your furnaces and mining drills as in your assemblers. I'm going to calculate the rest based on all blue assemblers. This also assumes you are using steel or electric furnaces, not stone furnaces. It will cost 531 furnaces to produce the requisite copper plates. The electric mining drill seems to produce 1 ore per 1.9 seconds, so you would need 1766 mining drills to produce enough copper.

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

ROFL.
big numbers :D thank you. cant fully feed 2 assembers yet :/

guess i have to rebuild that part as soon i have more space -.-T_T :-)

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

A good way to do early high-tech science packs is to get just one assembler making them and pack it with the best productivity modules you can give it. They will slow it down and make it produce extra packs for free. It should be a lot easier to keep the machine running that way, and you can just spend most of your time researching things that don't take high tech science packs, and let them build up.

RandomEngy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RandomEngy »

How safe is a two-way railroad (with electricity) going through biter territory? I've had biters expand and knock out a power pole before. Would they do the same to a railroad?

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

RandomEngy wrote:How safe is a two-way railroad (with electricity) going through biter territory? I've had biters expand and knock out a power pole before. Would they do the same to a railroad?
Biters will happily walk right over a transport belt or railroad in order to get to the source of pollution. If the railroad isn't polluting and it isn't near a source of pollution, it should be pretty safe. Just make sure the source of pollution is fully walled and turreted, and put gates or undergrounds on paths leading in and out of the walls. If the biters would attack any part of that railroad, it'll be the part near the base and those turrets will change their mind.

They will attack a transport belt or rail segment if it's in the approximate vicinity of the source of pollution, but any turrets that fire on them will draw their attention away immediately. Also, biters (not spitters) can get stuck on transport belts and find themselves a ways inside your factory if you don't have a very good perimeter defense, but they aren't usually able to cause very much damage when this happens.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

I have had biters attack a train when the railroad passed through where biters wander. Hit a biter with a train, even on passive, and you agro the entire spawn.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Yes, peaceful mode is a live and let live mode. You've got to stay out of the way of the biters if you don't want them to be at odds with you.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Can someone show me how to make a mod to add an advanced gun turret to the game? I have the prototypes files done but I don't know how to trigger the game to add it. It acts like my mod does nothing. I'm posting here because nobody is replying to my post in modding discussions.

my post

my mod page

PSS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PSS »

Is it possible to edit blueprints? I know that <Right Mouse Button> deletes entities form a blueprint. But can we add or change something?

Return to “Gameplay Help”