Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by Zavian »

You could tell the train to wait in the holding station for a circuit signal. Alternatively you could add a rail signal immediately in front of the Holding station, and use the circuit network to turn that signal red, effectively preventing the train from goin anywhere.

mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mp0011 »

Zavian wrote:You could tell the train to wait in the holding station for a circuit signal. Alternatively you could add a rail signal immediately in front of the Holding station, and use the circuit network to turn that signal red, effectively preventing the train from goin anywhere.
Yes, but I can do same thing without disabling station. (basically, wire entire map) So what is the point of disabling station?
I was hope, there is hidden condition or something similar, eg. "inventory full" AND "next station enabled"...

So disappointing:/

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

mp0011 wrote:
Zavian wrote:You could tell the train to wait in the holding station for a circuit signal. Alternatively you could add a rail signal immediately in front of the Holding station, and use the circuit network to turn that signal red, effectively preventing the train from goin anywhere.
Yes, but I can do same thing without disabling station. (basically, wire entire map) So what is the point of disabling station?
I was hope, there is hidden condition or something similar, eg. "inventory full" AND "next station enabled"...

So disappointing:/
Disabling a station has the purpose of skipping that station, which you do not want to do, so I do not understand why you do it.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Well the normal way to use disabled stations is to only have 2 stations in the route. That way the train will wait at the only enabled station. Often the "disabled station" is actually many stations with the same name, that are only enabled when they want a train. But they could also be many stations with different names, and the train will visit any that are enabled in the order defined in it's route. But that pattern won't work with your 3 station route, unless you can disable station A, or remove the holding station.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

if I want a bypassing train only to stop at a refuelling station if the current locomotive fuel is less then said 50 coal otherwise passing by without slowing down and stopping - how is the correct setup?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

brunzenstein wrote:if I want a bypassing train only to stop at a refuelling station if the current locomotive fuel is less then said 50 coal otherwise passing by without slowing down and stopping - how is the correct setup?
Using mods. You probably want LTN or Smarter trains. Relevent suggestions can be found here.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

hreintke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hreintke »

Hi,

I made a blueprint for a train unload setup as below.
unload.JPG
unload.JPG (46.11 KiB) Viewed 6002 times

Wanted to use this too when building a "vertical" station.
But when placing the blueprint I only can rotate 180 degree.
I've seen other blueprints rotating 90 degree.

Anyone know what could cause the 180 degree limitation ?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I'm guessing that is a modded big chest? Can that be placed vertically, can you rotate a blueprint of just the chest by 90 degrees ?

hreintke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hreintke »

Thanks.

It's indeed the modded chest that is the reason.
Removing that from the blueprints makes 90 degree possible.

PS : I can build vertical modded chests. Does the mod need specific options/code to allow 90 degree ?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

That might depend on how the mod is creating those big chests. It's at least possible that internally the vertical chest is a different entity to a horizontal chest, in which case only 180 degree rotations would make sense.

sivy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sivy »

Hi guys,

I have slightly problem... I want to expand my base so I wish to create loading station, but something goes wrong and I don't know what it is...
As you can see in link below every time I fill my cargo wagon with desirable item my combinmators/inserter goes crazy. I have check plenty of tutorials and I have following what KoS said in her video but still I have that same problem...

Does anybody know what I have done wrong? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWVFoVguH10

Ps. If youtube links are not welcome here I'm sorry

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

"This video is unavailable."
Former moderator.

sivy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sivy »

Kajanor wrote:
"This video is unavailable."
It should be ok right know :)

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

sivy wrote:As you can see in link below every time I fill my cargo wagon with desirable item my combinmators/inserter goes crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWVFoVguH10
Disconnect the red wire between both sides of the arithmetic combinator. It turns the combinator into a clock that adds the constant every tick.

sivy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sivy »

I feel so dumb...

It works! Thanks a lot! :)

TexasMail
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TexasMail »

I just started Factorio and seem to be making steady progress. I wish there were a way to specify the ratio in belt splitters. I hope to find a control method so I can slow down the electric miners when I detect too much material in other parts of the factory. But, I was having problems changing weapons. In the demo version, the Tab key worked fine. However, I've seen posts where people keep saying Tab or Q keys. Neither works in 0.15.40. However, in this version, the control setting is "Left mouse button". There is also a "Waiting" choice, but I don't know what it does. The left mouse button seems to work, but it is awkward. I have to use the left mouse button to click on the active weapon which selects it. I can then move it to another column in the weapon row of the table at the lower right corner of the screen. I can then take another weapon, like sub-machine gun, and move it to the active column. Is this by design? Tab seemed like a better way.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

You rebound the hotkey to Left Mouse Button.

If you click on the hotkey selector thing ONCE, it'll say "Waiting...". Then press the key you want the control - in your case select weapon - to be on.
I recommend Q for that.
Former moderator.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Q is the pipette tool by default, so I would definitely not bind change weapon to that key.

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

Zavian wrote:Q is the pipette tool by default, so I would definitely not bind change weapon to that key.
Oops... :oops:
Pipette tool is middle mouse button (mouse wheel) for me though, I'm more used to this hotkey from Minecraft.
Former moderator.

TexasMail
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TexasMail »

I tried Q, but it is the pipette tool, also. So, I tried Tab. The control changed to Tab, but the Tab key still did not change the selected weapon. I can still use the left mouse button to change the weapon by moving it in the table, but the second column stays active.

Return to “Gameplay Help”