Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by brunzenstein »

PSS wrote:Is it possible to edit blueprints? I know that <Right Mouse Button> deletes entities form a blueprint. But can we add or change something?
By clicking (de facto delete) on a individuell item when creating the blueprint

Ember
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ember »

Im trying to set up a programmable speaker to alert me whenever a train is nearing a spot on the tracks i tend to cross over. I can figure out the complex stuff myself but i haven't a clue how to detect an incoming train, anyone know what i use to do so?

another question i have is that do i need to use a programmable speaker to play the sounds whenever my turrets are attacking or something is being damaged ? despite the alerts not being muted they never play any sound when they happen

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

Ember wrote:Im trying to set up a programmable speaker to alert me whenever a train is nearing a spot on the tracks i tend to cross over. I can figure out the complex stuff myself but i haven't a clue how to detect an incoming train, anyone know what i use to do so?
I haven't done it myself, but you should be able to use a rail signal to detect a train. If you set up a series of signals, they divide the tracks into signal blocks. With the right size signal block, you can make the signal turn green with the train at the distance you want. If you set multiple signals with speakers at every signal, you can set them all to ring only nearby, and it'll act as a dynamic warning system wherever you are on the track. You can place signals with calibrated speakers using a blueprint I believe. Maybe you could make a blueprint of a big electric pole, light, rail signal, and speaker, then click and drag the blueprint which might place at the big electric pole's intervals.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Make the speakers react to a yellow signal. Its the signals thats send when a train cant stop before it anymore. And its send before the red signal.
Its very simple: Rail signal wired to speaker. Speaker set to: "If yellow = 1 then scream"
The rest has thereaverofdarkness explained.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Ember
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ember »

thanks! decided to go with just a speaker near my usual crossings linked to the signals 2 large electric poles down on both sides works quite well and i only need to link down one side for my stations

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

I there a easy way to mine mixed resources and separate them with a clever Filter / belt system - rather then using filer inserter?

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

You could use bots for that. They filter inherently.
I just used only bots it for an mining outpost and have to say its way easier than belts.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

brunzenstein wrote:I there a easy way to mine mixed resources and separate them with a clever Filter / belt system
I read this much and was going to say filter inserter...

It can take a bit more total ground space but it shouldn't be too difficult to use filter inserters this way. One thing you could do is with Warehousing mod or any other larger type chests, you could have multiple lanes going into the warehouse with stack inserters, then have three separate sets of lanes going out using stack filter inserters. This way you can use one building as a singular sorting facility which makes a nexus for your ore production.

Another thing you can do is use furnaces to sort. You have to keep them supplied with ore at all times and the system can still jam up every now and then, but you could have an ore belt go down a line of furnaces and you set each furnace to the ore type you want by putting that ore in it, then as long as the inserter always has a supply of that ore, it will keep that furnace going on the same type. You can then route the plates out of the furnace on belts that segregate plates with others of the same kind. You could further balance it by putting a burner inserter at the end to slowly put ore into a bin, just to keep the belt moving and make sure that it doesn't eventually clog up with one ore type just because you haven't balanced the furnace ratio exactly right. You can grab the chest contents once in a while and stuff them into the respective furnaces. This system can work for before you have filter inserters.

Ember
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ember »

I discovered that i can connect belts to a circuit network but i havent a clue how to use them, how do i make it so that when it detects one set of belts are empty it enables another?

saneman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by saneman »

Ember wrote:I discovered that i can connect belts to a circuit network but i havent a clue how to use them, how do i make it so that when it detects one set of belts are empty it enables another?
1. Connect a wire between the 2 belts you want to actuate.
2. On the belt you want to detect from, click on it and set it to read contents instead of enable/disable, also set the content read mode to hold.
3. On the belt that you want to turn on and off, make it so that the enabled condition is "Everything" = "0". This will ensure that the detection belt has nothing on it and will enable the other set.
4. If you want more belts to detect, just connect a wire from your current detection belt to another one and copy the settings. (same for the actuating belt)

Ember
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ember »

thank ^^

next question how do i stop my mining drills from trying to mine the uranium and mine the copper thats right next to it and not in a clean straight line?

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Ember wrote:thank ^^

next question how do i stop my mining drills from trying to mine the uranium and mine the copper thats right next to it and not in a clean straight line?
You can't - you either need to place the drills very carefully to pick away at the parts that don't overlap a few squares at a time, or you need to just leave the overlapping part alone until later in the game when you can supply the drill with sulfuric acid to mine the uranium, and then use some kind of sorting on the output to separate the two.

daifon3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daifon3 »

Ну могу обновить игру, как установилась версия 0.14.23 и не обновляется что делать?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

daifon3 wrote:Ну могу обновить игру, как установилась версия 0.14.23 и не обновляется что делать?
The language in this forum is English, as per the Forum Rules. You may post in your native language if you add an English translation in the same post.

If you are on Steam then the stable version is 0.14.23, if you want to play the latest 0.15.x then see here.
If you use the version from the website you can choose to download 0.14.23 or 0.15.x, or you can update from 0.14.23 by enabling experimental updates in the options.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

daifon3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daifon3 »

я б хотел бы получить более полную информацию как перейти с версии 0.14.23 на более новую?

I would like to get more complete information on how to move from version 0.14.23 to a newer one?

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

daifon3 wrote:я б хотел бы получить более полную информацию как перейти с версии 0.14.23 на более новую?

I would like to get more complete information on how to move from version 0.14.23 to a newer one?
On steam

On Factorio.com just click Experimental Versions from the download screen.

daifon3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daifon3 »

Thank you

daifon3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daifon3 »

и когда одобрят меня на бето тест ?

And when they approve me on the beta test?

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

daifon3 wrote:и когда одобрят меня на бето тест ?

And when they approve me on the beta test?
There is no approval process. If you own the game you can access and play the experimental.

https://youtu.be/sruKeZXXVTk?t=55s

SchorschieMaster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SchorschieMaster »

Is there a list of all items with the information in which future to be produced items they are used?

For instance I like to know all items which needs steel bars (even later in the game). Thus I can better plan my factory and the belt layout for steel bars.

All I found so far were recipes what is needed to produce a certain item but not the other way.

Return to “Gameplay Help”