Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

There might be a mod for that, and you can probably find the info posted somewhere, but it won't be found in the base game.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

thereaverofdarkness wrote:There might be a mod for that, and you can probably find the info posted somewhere, but it won't be found in the base game.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Coppermi ... y-used-for
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

The wiki has a page for each item in the game. The item page has links for where each item is used and what you need to make that item. It might not be as convenient as a list, but it has all the data.

https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

daifon3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daifon3 »

эх у меня 32-х битная система (

SchorschieMaster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SchorschieMaster »

daniel34 wrote:
thereaverofdarkness wrote:There might be a mod for that, and you can probably find the info posted somewhere, but it won't be found in the base game.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Coppermi ... y-used-for
Exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

Somewhere i have 6 laserturrents in my network.. i requested them in my inventory but not get them delivered (maybe yet?)
is there a way to find them, to see in wich chest they are?

Can bots take items out of a storage chest or just but stuff in?

thanks ;)
Attachments
logistic.jpg
logistic.jpg (47.09 KiB) Viewed 7666 times

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

If you have logistic bots available and do not have the requested number of turrets in inventory I do not know why you are not getting deliveries.

Bots can take items from storage chests and both types of provider chests. They cannot take items from requester chests.

The only way I know to find which chest something is in is to open all the chests. Yeah, real slow. I recommend starting to look at the requester chests first.

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

Thanks found them.
Still not sure why delivery not worked. replaced all storage with p. provider chests. will do some test next day, let me send some stuff to see what happen. :)

Ember
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ember »

got a train problem
the red boxes are showing a train that had a cargo car destroyed, thankfully it just had a full load of coal, the problem is i have no idea how it happened, and the only clue i have is another train, a single engine with 3 cargo cars had a severely damaged train engine any ideas on how to fix or prevent it from happening again?

center line has no automated trains

panzerhank
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by panzerhank »

I started a map without enemy expansion and now i've changed my mind after 5 hours of gameplay.
Right now i only find enemies far away from the map and i have no use for my laser-defence :D
Is there a way to activate this again?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

panzerhank wrote:I started a map without enemy expansion and now i've changed my mind after 5 hours of gameplay.
Right now i only find enemies far away from the map and i have no use for my laser-defence :D
Is there a way to activate this again?
Use this console command (will disable achievements):

Code: Select all

/c game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled = true
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

I still can't figure out how to pick up a single item from a chest without first picking up half or a whole stack

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

brunzenstein wrote:I still can't figure out how to pick up a single item from a chest without first picking up half or a whole stack
Pick up a stack, right click where you want to place a single item, then put the rest of the stack back.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

thereaverofdarkness wrote:
brunzenstein wrote:I still can't figure out how to pick up a single item from a chest without first picking up half or a whole stack
Pick up a stack, right click where you want to place a single item, then put the rest of the stack back.
Wont work for me on a Mac

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

brunzenstein wrote:
thereaverofdarkness wrote:right click
I don't know what to do to help, and I can't test it out because I'm on a PC, but maybe this helps: http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/ho ... c-3610351/

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

Nemac wrote:Somewhere i have 6 laserturrents in my network.. i requested them in my inventory but not get them delivered (maybe yet?)
is there a way to find them, to see in wich chest they are?

Can bots take items out of a storage chest or just but stuff in?

thanks ;)
If you keep running around, leaving logistics range for even a second will cause the bots to repath to a storage chest if on their way to you, making it take forever for them to get to you. You can find an item by dropping a temporary requester chest for it if you don't feel like standing around waiting.

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

Thanks, great idea if i miss something again... :)

PetWolverine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PetWolverine »

brunzenstein wrote:
thereaverofdarkness wrote:
Works for me on a Mac. Macs have had multi-button mice by default for something like 15 years. If you have the weird Magic Mouse contraption, it's not a physically separate button, but pressing the right side of the mouse is a right-click. (Bad design if you ask me. I use a Logitech mouse.)

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

Hi!
Is there any method to disallow drones to travel outside of the construction area of roboports? It's annoying that a lot of drones are destroyed by biters who are in an area what i not cleaned because i don't want to use and than it's unnecessary to waste resources on it. I use modded Factorio (and 0.14) but first i want to search a vanilla method, if is there any. This could be good also because i've seen a lot of times that a group of drones went in a way where the next roboport they reach is very far away, and after a short distance they returned back to the last roboport, and they did it in an endless loop.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

MPeti1 wrote:Hi!
Is there any method to disallow drones to travel outside of the construction area of roboports? It's annoying that a lot of drones are destroyed by biters who are in an area what i not cleaned because i don't want to use and than it's unnecessary to waste resources on it. I use modded Factorio (and 0.14) but first i want to search a vanilla method, if is there any. This could be good also because i've seen a lot of times that a group of drones went in a way where the next roboport they reach is very far away, and after a short distance they returned back to the last roboport, and they did it in an endless loop.
No. You are expected to design your roboport network to avoid this problem - don't make U-shaped networks that reach around biter-controlled territory. Split networks up if you can't make them reasonably convex.

Return to “Gameplay Help”