Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by Loewchen »

Shadow_87pl wrote:Hi, why train is not entering empty space? What can i do so they use it?
please check attached picture
I moved your post into a dedicated report: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=62425

joseailton
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joseailton »

Can I bind a specific fluid type to a fluid wagon?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

joseailton wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:56 pm
No. You can sense what's in the train, though. I don't believe pumps can be filtered or the fluid read.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

joseailton
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joseailton »

Jap2.0 wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:39 pm
joseailton wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:56 pm
No. You can sense what's in the train, though. I don't believe pumps can be filtered or the fluid read.
Well, I think I gotta use the train unique Id that can be read from the circuit network then. But it would be nice to bind the fluid type the same way you can bind metals and stuff.

Thank you though

zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zakman »

Hello, looking for a console command that will remove all enemies in a certain area, not necessarily in a radius centered on the player.

As a related example, I'm playing around with map commands, and used the following to generate a small "corridor" of explored terrain on my current map:

Code: Select all

/c game.forces.player.chart
	(game.player.surface, {lefttop = {x = -25000, y = 384}, rightbottom = {x = -20000, y = 640}})
I'm trying to code something similar that will remove enemies (units, worms, and spawners) in the same area. So far, no success.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

zakman wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm
looking for a console command that will remove all enemies in a certain area
Try

/c for k,v in next,game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered{force='enemy',area={{-1000,-1000},{1000,1000}}} do
        v=v.valid and v.destroy()
        end

zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zakman »

quyxkh wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:17 pm
zakman wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm
looking for a console command that will remove all enemies in a certain area
Try

/c for k,v in next,game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered{force='enemy',area={{-1000,-1000},{1000,1000}}} do
        v=v.valid and v.destroy()
        end
Worked perfectly, thanks!

HailVelkekia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HailVelkekia »

How do I make 5 lanes of iron ore into one to feed into my smelters? (Early game, Stone furnaces)

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

HailVelkekia wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:40 am
How do I make 5 lanes of iron ore into one to feed into my smelters? (Early game, Stone furnaces)
Use a splitter to merge 2 lanes into one. Repeat as needed.

I think you get the splitter from the Logistics research. Use a science lab and red science bottles to do the research.

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AndrewIRL »

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

AndrewIRL wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:39 am
Only relevant if you want to balance all the inputs. Much of the time, it doesn't matter if the inputs are balanced. Additionally you only want an ideal balanced input in cases where each belt is collecting the same amount of ore. For most ore patches that assumption won't hold (unless you carefully arrange the belts so the assumption is true).

Additionally your solution is overkill for a "Simple questions with Simple Answers thread".

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

You might even simply sideload it, like this:

v v
  v v
  v v
  v v
>>>>>>
  ^ ^
  ^ ^
  ^ ^
  ^ ^
You not always need fair balancing with splitters.

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

Hi guys, for keyboard shortcuts, what is "Pad +" and "Pad -" to increase or decrease the size when laying a concrete path?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

je11693 wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:39 pm
Hi guys, for keyboard shortcuts, what is "Pad +" and "Pad -" to increase or decrease the size when laying a concrete path?
Numpad is the calculator-like block of numbers on the right side of the keyboard. Personally i remapped to normal +/- though. ^^
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:41 pm
Numpad is the calculator-like block of numbers on the right side of the keyboard. Personally i remapped to normal +/- though. ^^
Thank you, was really starting to frustrate me.

Another issue is that I can't make any yellow inserters in an assembly machine. I'm trying to make a set up to assemble the inputs for green science. I can make the input for red science fine and the belts for green science, but can't work out why it won't let me assemble yellow inserters.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Another issue is that I can't make any yellow inserters in an assembly machine. I'm trying to make a set up to assemble the inputs for green science. I can make the input for red science fine and the belts for green science, but can't work out why it won't let me assemble yellow inserters.
Are you using the assembly machine 2 (blue)? The grey assembly machine 1 you get with the first automation research only allows 2 inputs while the inserter requires 3.

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

Greybeard_LXI wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:38 pm
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Are you using the assembly machine 2 (blue)? The grey assembly machine 1 you get with the first automation research only allows 2 inputs while the inserter requires 3.
That was the issue - thanks for the heads up, kind of embarrassing that it was such a simple error on my part!

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

Hi guys, another few (probably basic) questions:

Is there a command/shortcut to get the keyboard short cut menu to display during a game?
Is there anyway to lock items into specific places in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen?
I have researched to get two rows on the toolbar at the bottom. Is there anyway to get shortcuts for the items in the bottom row (simolar to how you can use numbers for the top row)?
I have researched armour and it is in the box at the bottom rights of the screen. Does this mean it is already on my character, or do I have to do something so that he is wearing it?

Thanks again for any help!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Is there a command/shortcut to get the keyboard short cut menu to display during a game?
Is there anyway to lock items into specific places in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen?
I have researched to get two rows on the toolbar at the bottom. Is there anyway to get shortcuts for the items in the bottom row (simolar to how you can use numbers for the top row)?
I have researched armour and it is in the box at the bottom rights of the screen. Does this mean it is already on my character, or do I have to do something so that he is wearing it?

You make a screenshot, open it in your favourite picture viewer and press alt-tab....*cough*. Nope, no shortcut :/.

Middle click (pressing down the mouse wheel :p). If you have an item in the cursor or in the slot it will be set. Otherwise a selection menu will open. Works on cargo wagons / car inventories too.

I think you can press "x" to swap the two bars. And the upper one is the one that gets the 1/2/3/4/5 shortcuts.

Nope, that's the equipment slot (and the weapon/ammo slots). If you craft something that you can equip and don't have any item of that type equipped yet the game automatically equips it for you (pickaxe, weapons, armor).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 pm
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:05 pm

You make a screenshot, open it in your favourite picture viewer and press alt-tab....*cough*. Nope, no shortcut :/.

Middle click (pressing down the mouse wheel :p). If you have an item in the cursor or in the slot it will be set. Otherwise a selection menu will open. Works on cargo wagons / car inventories too.

I think you can press "x" to swap the two bars. And the upper one is the one that gets the 1/2/3/4/5 shortcuts.

Nope, that's the equipment slot (and the weapon/ammo slots). If you craft something that you can equip and don't have any item of that type equipped yet the game automatically equips it for you (pickaxe, weapons, armor).
Thank you :)

Return to β€œGameplay Help”