Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by SoShootMe »

Defective_Soul wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:15 am
Is there way to see amounts of things/signals fully w/o stuff like 36k wich may be somwhere between 35500-36499 ?
No, assuming you mean in eg production statistics or entity tooltips. But you can use combinators and lamps to create a digital display for a signal.

Also, the values are rounded down so eg "36k" is shown for 36000-36999.

Defective_Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Defective_Soul »

SoShootMe wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:21 am
Defective_Soul wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:15 am
Is there way to see amounts of things/signals fully w/o stuff like 36k wich may be somwhere between 35500-36499 ?
No, assuming you mean in eg production statistics or entity tooltips. But you can use combinators and lamps to create a digital display for a signal.

Also, the values are rounded down so eg "36k" is shown for 36000-36999.
Actyaly i wished to make manipulatos to unload only 0.75 of crate capicusity, i assume there is wayt to do with constants calculation but ... crates only can send amout of thigs in them, not total capicusity/cells amount + i think just conect wire directly from crate to manipulator and put constant wich will be equal to 3/4 of max capicusity when it filled with same thing (since differnt things hawe different stacks amount) but when i think about countig stuff i had iuuse that i use mod wich hawe big storehousess so i think there will be a way easier way to just count max potential amout of stuff inside other than manualy count rown amount inside thing, then multyply it by 10 and then .75 thing

Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 0570 »

Can someone help me with an updated version of the command below? It used to be able to spawn a grid of an oil patch, but it doesn't work anymore.

Code: Select all

for a = -10, 10 do
    for b = -10, 10 do
        game.player.surface.create_entity{name="coal", position={game.player.position.x+a, game.player.position.y+b}, amount=2000}
    end
end

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

0570 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:02 pm
Can someone help me with an updated version of the command below? It used to be able to spawn a grid of an oil patch, but it doesn't work anymore.

for a = -10, 10 do
    for b = -10, 10 do
        game.player.surface.create_entity{name="coal", position={game.player.position.x+a, game.player.position.y+b}, amount=2000}
    end
end
Don't forget you need to start with /c in order to have it be a command - otherwise it's just you saying something.

With the /c (and replacing "coal" with "crude-oil") it works fine for me. I would suggest adding a , 4 to each of the for commands though - otherwise oil spawns are on top of each other and you can't put pumpjacks on most of them. 4 allows enough space to put a pumpjack and piping.

Also yield works weird, so you might want to up that 2000 number. Not sure how it translates, docs don't say, but 2000 yielded 0%, 20000 yielded 6%. IIRC amount in this case is number of cycles left until depletion or something, but can't find the formula for using that to determine %.

/c for a = -10, 10, 4 do
    for b = -10, 10, 4 do
        game.player.surface.create_entity{name="crude-oil", position={game.player.position.x+a, game.player.position.y+b}, amount=2000}
    end
end

JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JaJe »

For some reason I cannot replace any chests with other chests
Iron chest -/-> Steel chest
Iron chest -/-> Passive chest

but for other items like Assembler 1 I can replace with Assembler 2. Any ideea why does this happens and how to fix it?
I'm playing on Vanilla multiplayer server (PVP mode).
Attachments
20220320104032_1.jpg
20220320104032_1.jpg (633.71 KiB) Viewed 5152 times

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

You can't, unless you mod the game.

If you are creating a mod, the property you want to set is fast_replaceable_group.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

DaveMcW wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:26 am
You can't, unless you mod the game.

If you are creating a mod, the property you want to set is fast_replaceable_group.
Huh? All normal chests in vanilla (wooden, iron, steel, active provider, passive provider, storage, buffer, requester) have fast_replaceable_group "container" and fast replacing works as expected.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

JaJe wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:52 am

but for other items like Assembler 1 I can replace with Assembler
In vanilla, all chests have the same fast_replaceable_group. So I guess the reason is this:
Are you sure the chests you try to upgrade belong to your own force?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JaJe »

Pi-C wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:41 pm
JaJe wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:52 am

but for other items like Assembler 1 I can replace with Assembler
In vanilla, all chests have the same fast_replaceable_group. So I guess the reason is this:
Yes, I placed that chest before. Last user: me.
I tried placing many chests and replacing them even if they're empty and still won't let me.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

JaJe wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:32 pm
Pi-C wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:41 pm
Yes, I placed that chest before. Last user: me.
I tried placing many chests and replacing them even if they're empty and still won't let me.
Strange. Could you post a saved game perhaps, so we don't have to poke around in the dark?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JaJe »

Here it is my save from multiplayer PVP (vanilla)
Attachments
PVP.zip
(17.82 MiB) Downloaded 90 times

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

JaJe wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:07 am
Here it is my save from multiplayer PVP (vanilla)
As suspected, the simple chests (wooden/iron/steel) do not belong to your force, so copying, blueprinting etc. won't work. This is caused by the scenario code. Try for yourself: If you restart the game and leave the setting "Neutral chests" unchecked, everything will work as expected.

I don't think it's possible to change the setting once the game has been started, so I'm afraid you'll be stuck with this behavior.
Attachments
scenario_settings.png
scenario_settings.png (83.23 KiB) Viewed 5007 times

JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JaJe »

Crap.
I am playing PVP with a friend but we're not hostile to each other, the whole point was to play on the same map together but each one build it's own industry.
So we created 2 teams that belongs to Team 1 so We can see each other on the map and radars for this and when needed for help, I can go to him and help with stuff and that's why I also needed to have neutral chests too.

The only workaround is to move all items from a chest to another and place to the original chest location a passive one and move back the items. Had to do that on every item production.

There should be a way to allow upgrade even on neutral chest too imo.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

JaJe wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:42 am
There should be a way to allow upgrade even on neutral chest too imo.
You could make a post in the Ideas and Suggestions subforum about this. But I've a gut feeling that it won't be implemented:

While there's only one force "neutral" in vanilla, mods can add more, and set relations between forces so that they behave to each other in the same way that forces "player" and "neutral" do in vanilla. Now, there usually aren't any players on "neutral", so nobody would complain if you replaced something belonging to that force. With custom forces it may be different: Two players may agree on not being enemies, but that doesn't mean that they'd trust each other enough to allow their not-enemy to modify their buildings.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

I saw at twich a game where a player used a two way stacker.
A stacker accessible by trains from both sides. Anyone having a BP or picture how to set this up, especially the signaling please.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

How to reset the green hooks to unread in the Tips & Tricks?
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-07 um 20.57.02.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-07 um 20.57.02.png (272.06 KiB) Viewed 4466 times

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

brunzenstein wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:01 pm
How to reset the green hooks to unread in the Tips & Tricks?
There is a console command /reset-tips. It will not disable achievements. Oh and the console display can be toggled with the / (slash) or ~ (tilde) keys.
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

Hello,

is it possible to repair buildings from the spidertron?
I put a roboport some bots and tool in it. I can build builddings from the spidertron using bluebrints but ist looks like the bots dont repair damaged stuff near by?

did i made a mistake or is it not possible?

thank you.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

Nemac wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:02 pm
is it possible to repair buildings from the spidertron?
Yes. You need construction robots and repair tools in its trunk, and roboport(s) and a power source in its grid.

If you are in construction range of a roboport, it's possible that the repair job has been assigned to a construction robot from that roboport's network. If you have many outstanding jobs for construction robots (anywhere), there may be a delay before a robot is assigned.

Plantagen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Plantagen »

Is it possible to see which fuel is currently being burned inside a train? For the tank and the car, it's indirectly showed by the acceleration speed percentage on the vehicle, being for example 100% or 180% or 250%. For trains there are some numbers too but not a simple percentage. I would prefer just a fuel icon though, making it explicit.

I currently deduce the train fuel by looking at the consumtion (red bar) while the train is running, but this is imprecise and requires that I be standing near the moving train.

The reason I want this is because I don't yet have auto-feed for nuclear fuel, so I manually put some into my train from time to time and would like to know when it's running low or when it has started running on backup coal, so I can put some more nuclear manually again.

Return to “Gameplay Help”