Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
lopar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by lopar »

Is there any way to use buld planner, when your logistic network is already up and working? I try to plan rebuld of my factory, but my drones builds faster than I plan. Removing all constructor drones from all cosmoports and putting them to the chest while planning -- is not a great idea...

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

lopar wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 am
Is there any way to use buld planner, when your logistic network is already up and working? I try to plan rebuld of my factory, but my drones builds faster than I plan. Removing all constructor drones from all cosmoports and putting them to the chest while planning -- is not a great idea...
The answer is No. However...

I have a separate area (marked with concrete) without roboport coverage for this purpose. Build (real building placement or just ghosts), then blue print and paste into your factory, optimize and finalize, file blue print in book.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

Hi,

is it possible to increase the rarity of ressources more that it is in the Rail World preset ?

I think they are still too frequent and close to the starting area to really justify having a heavy train network.

If it is not possible via the vanilla settings, is RSO still the mod to get to achieve this ?
Last edited by TN_Creator on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Yes. With RSO You can enlarge the spawn radius in number of chunks. and the resource chance per radius.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

Thanks, I'll install it then.
Do the default RSO settings already make ressources further away than vanilla Rail World, or do I have to tweak it to achieve this ?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TN_Creator wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:03 pm
Thanks, I'll install it then.
Do the default RSO settings already make ressources further away than vanilla Rail World, or do I have to tweak it to achieve this ?
Default settings should be enough. If you want even more spread easiest way is to increase region size setting.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

Thank you, I started a game with defaut RSO settings except for oil in starting area, and no sign of any ore in radar range, thats what I was looking for.

Batanga2701
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Batanga2701 »

Couldnt find it in the forum-search.......

Is ist possible to show the time I have already played while playing?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Batanga2701 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:41 am

You mean a live display of the age of your game? You can display the current tick via debug settings but that is not convenient, such a clock should be easy to mod though, you could make a request if you can not find a mod that already does this.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Batanga2701 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:41 am

Try:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/playtime
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/GameClock

Batanga2701
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Batanga2701 »

thx a lot.....

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

Hello there,

please help me config a train :)

i had a outpost some away for uran. i want collect the uran ore by train and deliver some sulfuric acid.

I start in my mainbase with a train: 2 empty caro Waggon + 1 fluid waggon with acid.
Train goes to outpost is filled with ore and delliver the sulfuric acid. But! im never sure the whole sulfuric acid fits in the tanks of the putpost.

i want some thing like:
Mainbase: Empty Uran ore, Fill sulfuric acid. If cargo waggon empty go to outpost
Outpost: Fill uran ore, deliver acid, If cargo waggon full go to mainbase

"Full cargo invetory" dont work at outpost, the fluid wagon is never full (but maybe not empty)

Is this possible to do? or do i need two trains? :(
Tank you.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Nemac wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:27 pm
Hello there,

please help me config a train :)

i had a outpost some away for uran. i want collect the uran ore by train and deliver some sulfuric acid.

I start in my mainbase with a train: 2 empty caro Waggon + 1 fluid waggon with acid.
Train goes to outpost is filled with ore and delliver the sulfuric acid. But! im never sure the whole sulfuric acid fits in the tanks of the putpost.

i want some thing like:
Mainbase: Empty Uran ore, Fill sulfuric acid. If cargo waggon empty go to outpost
Outpost: Fill uran ore, deliver acid, If cargo waggon full go to mainbase

"Full cargo invetory" dont work at outpost, the fluid wagon is never full (but maybe not empty)

Is this possible to do? or do i need two trains? :(
Tank you.
Item count = [whatever 2 cargo wagons can hold].
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

Ups..
you are right, i used the Filter wrong :/

Thank you.

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

Is there a way to adjust where you are holding a blueprint. For large blueprints holding it in the center makes it hard to place.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Trebor wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:40 pm
Is there a way to adjust where you are holding a blueprint. For large blueprints holding it in the center makes it hard to place.
Not in vanilla, no. It looks like mods like this one can. Note that you can also place blueprints from the map, which might help with aligning large ones.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

Is there a way to prevent inserters from inserting more fuel in a reactor (or any other fuel consuming object, but I'm trying this with nuclear reactor) than needed to just keep it running ? Only insert one Fuel when the reactor is completely out or fuel, or only keep a buffer of 1 fuel max.

I'm trying to control precisely the behavior of my nuclear power, mostly for the challenge rather than real necessity.
The inserters feeding the fuel to the reactors only do so when the accumulators are below 5%, but at this point they feed them 6 fuel each.
But having a nuke holding 5 fuels in addition to the one being consumed seems really overkill, I absorb it with a big steam buffer (900k) but I don't like resorting to this when this could simply be controlled by inserting less fuel.

As reactors can't be linked to logical network, I can't directly read how much fuel they are holding.
Is there a way with logical circuit to achieve this ?

PS: I'm not talking about the stack moved by the inserter but only the quantity of excess fuel stored in advance in the reactor.
PPS: The goal is obviously to completely avoid any waste of produced energy/heat
Last edited by TN_Creator on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

The nuclear plant has the nice property that every time a fuel is inserted, another depleted fuel is removed. We can exploit that by attaching the fuel inserter to the fuel "remover".

So the fuel inserter only runs if the depleted fuel inserter is holding something. The depleted fuel inserter only runs if steam is low.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

That sounds exactly like what I was looking for, thanks, I'll give it a try !

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

DaveMcW wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:33 am
The depleted fuel inserter only runs if steam is low.
I dont understand. how would that inserter know anything. it just grabs depleted fuel cells. And the reactor, when filled uncontrolled, will just consume as much as you fill in over time.
Also you talk about steam, which he doesn´t want as a buffer.
Edit: You are right tho, you need to fill it once and then just wait for a used cell to be grabbed to activate the filling

the problem of just feeding one cell every 200 seconds is the overheating when not needed.
I dont quite understand the Wiki here. Will it always explode >900° or only if damaged AND >900°C?

Return to “Gameplay Help”