Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by eradicator »

Exoskeletons consume too much power to be used with solar cells. You'll get a short sprint and then your batteries are empty again. Solars work fine for a roboport and nightvision though. Once you have portable fusion you can use several skeletons at once to get even more boost.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

dangel441
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dangel441 »

Please Can i ask if I buy the factorio through steam , Will I hlave full version when factorio releases? Thanks for answer.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

dangel441 wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:58 pm
Please Can i ask if I buy the factorio through steam , Will I hlave full version when factorio releases? Thanks for answer.
Yes.

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

When I make a new blueprint and save it, it gets added to my inventory. I've made a few and so I have three or four just sitting in my inventory that I don't need to use again for now. How do I get rid of them from my inventory without deleting them also from my blueprint library?

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

je11693 wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 pm
When I make a new blueprint and save it, it gets added to my inventory. I've made a few and so I have three or four just sitting in my inventory that I don't need to use again for now. How do I get rid of them from my inventory without deleting them also from my blueprint library?
Right click on the blueprint in your inventory, then click on the red trash can icon. This will delete the blueprint just from your inventory.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

Mr. Tact wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:12 am
Right click on the blueprint in your inventory, then click on the red trash can icon. This will delete the blueprint just from your inventory.
Thanks. Is there anyway I can just use it again without having to delete it? it would be quicker than having to delete it and then open up a new blueprint every time I want to blueprint something.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:58 am
Mr. Tact wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:12 am
Thanks. Is there anyway I can just use it again without having to delete it? it would be quicker than having to delete it and then open up a new blueprint every time I want to blueprint something.
Shift-right click
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

The blueprint window allows creating blue print books. You can store and use blueprints directly from the book.

protico
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by protico »

Why is my stack inserter doing this (attempting and failing at picking up steel)? Power is fully satisfied. The steel belt is running at full speed, the gif just isn't showing it. If I replace the stack inserter it will work properly for a while, then it will go back to this dance. Thanks!
Attachments
stackinserterstalls.gif
stackinserterstalls.gif (4.78 MiB) Viewed 5076 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

protico wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:53 pm
Why is my stack inserter doing this (attempting and failing at picking up steel)? Power is fully satisfied. The steel belt is running at full speed, the gif just isn't showing it. If I replace the stack inserter it will work properly for a while, then it will go back to this dance. Thanks!
It is simply the result of the belts speed and the smaller window of the underground belt piece that prevents the inserter from grabbing it. Don't let inserters take from underground belts if you want to prevent that behaviour.

protico
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by protico »

Loewchen wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 pm
It is simply the result of the belts speed and the smaller window of the underground belt piece that prevents the inserter from grabbing it. Don't let inserters take from underground belts if you want to prevent that behaviour.
Uh oh, I guess it is time to redo just about every beaconed setup I have made.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:02 pm
Loewchen wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 pm
Uh oh, I guess it is time to redo just about every beaconed setup I have made.
They can take from some orientations of underground belts, although I forget which ones.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Jap2.0 wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:06 pm
They can take from some orientations of underground belts, although I forget which ones.
Whilst they do pick up better from some orientation of underground belts than others, they can take from every orientation if the contents of the belt are moving slowly enough.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Zavian wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:53 am
Whilst they do pick up better from some orientation of underground belts than others, they can take from every orientation if the contents of the belt are moving slowly enough.
Well yes, I meant at full speed (sorry if that was unclear to anyone).

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:36 am
Zavian wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:53 am
Well yes, I meant at full speed (sorry if that was unclear to anyone).
Btw the same thing can also happen in curves when the inserter attempts to grab from the shorter inside lane.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Voidedfactory
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Voidedfactory »

Is there a way to set a circuit signal for construction robot production=logistic robot production in the entire logistic system rather than for one single roboport? At least without having to attach that signal to every single port I place down (which, as a circuit network newbie, I assume would have to be the case).

Alternatively, is there a way I can set up a certain ratio of logistic to construction robots (I.e 5 construction:2 logistic) in the entire system?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Voidedfactory wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:27 pm
Is there a way to set a circuit signal for construction robot production=logistic robot production in the entire logistic system rather than for one single roboport? At least without having to attach that signal to every single port I place down (which, as a circuit network newbie, I assume would have to be the case).

Alternatively, is there a way I can set up a certain ratio of logistic to construction robots (I.e 5 construction:2 logistic) in the entire system?
Using the circuit connection to read logistics and construction robot stats gives you the robot counts from a logistics network. So if all your roboports are part of the same logistics network, then you only need to read one roboport. If you have multiple logistics networks, then you might want to read one roboport per network.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Voidedfactory wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:27 pm
You can do that with arithmetic combinators. But you'll want to set some upper limit or they just keep being produced indefinitely. Easier to set absolute numbers by hand

But as already noted your mistake is that you think you need to hook up every roboport

christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by christian »

I'm trying to find where I saw the projected release date for 0.17 is. Does anybody know?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

christian wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:11 am
I'm trying to find where I saw the projected release date for 0.17 is. Does anybody know?
Jan 2019.
It was in one of the FFF, and is also at the top of viewtopic.php?f=3&t=678.

Return to β€œGameplay Help”