Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by Patashu »

gert1978 wrote:hi, after watching plenty of hours on youtube I decided to try the game myself.
I'm having an issue placing down items, it seems I empty out my full inventory every time I place down 1 item. For example when I'm placing a brickroad I always have t travel back to pick up excess bricks in the middle of the path.

This also means I need to circle back on every build to pick up excess inserters, belts, splitters, resources, miners and so on just laying on the ground being their really tiny icon self.

Probably doing something wrong but can't seem to find out what.

Sincerly Noob Gert1978 :-)
'Drop Item' is bound to Z by default. Are you pressing 'Drop Item' by accident?

https://wiki.factorio.com/Keyboard_bindings

gert1978
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gert1978 »

Thank you ! It seems I accidently set the drop items input to left click when customising my layout. A simple reset did the trick.

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

I'm pulling my hair out here lol, I can't get my balanced train loader to work. I'm 99.9% sure I've done eveything correct (I've set them up in the past), the first 11 chests load evenly but the last on lags behind. if i filp the belts the chest with the problem also filps sides. the blueprint is below.

Code: Select all

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

Geslot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Geslot »

I don't understand why my robots can't repair my turrets...
It says repair packs are missing, but I have plenty of them in my roboport. Seems that I am missing something... Can you please help me?

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Geslot wrote:I don't understand why my robots can't repair my turrets...
It says repair packs are missing, but I have plenty of them in my roboport. Seems that I am missing something... Can you please help me?
Somewhat confusingly, you shouldn't put repair packs in roboports (generally). The repair packs in a roboport are only usable by the robots in that specific roboport. You should just put your repair packs into a passive provider chest like all other construction materials, and then robots from anywhere in the network can use them.

The slots in the roboport are where the robots deposit partially used repair packs after they've picked them up from somewhere else.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

I see three logistic roboport networks. The signs saying repair kits are needed are in a different logistic roboport network from the indicated roboport. They may all be in the same construction network, but I think they need to be in the same logistic network.

Geslot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Geslot »

torne wrote:
Somewhat confusingly, you shouldn't put repair packs in roboports (generally). The repair packs in a roboport are only usable by the robots in that specific roboport. You should just put your repair packs into a passive provider chest like all other construction materials, and then robots from anywhere in the network can use them.

The slots in the roboport are where the robots deposit partially used repair packs after they've picked them up from somewhere else.
Thank you sir, that was the issue.
Greybeard_LXI wrote:
I see three logistic roboport networks. The signs saying repair kits are needed are in a different logistic roboport network from the indicated roboport. They may all be in the same construction network, but I think they need to be in the same logistic network.
Actually I have only one logistic network. It might look that it is not, but you can extend your logistic network by placing logistic zone expander like it's corner will touch other's logistic zone expander corner.

SuicideJunkie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SuicideJunkie »

Is it possible to mirror (not rotate) the fluid inputs/outputs on chemical plants?
They always seem to be on the most inconvenient side and I haven't been trained to subconsciously lay out my base in the ideal manner yet.

If it is smart enough to take either input from either pipe and I simply haven't technically tried that correctly yet, it would be awesome.

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

SuicideJunkie wrote:Is it possible to mirror (not rotate) the fluid inputs/outputs on chemical plants?
They always seem to be on the most inconvenient side and I haven't been trained to subconsciously lay out my base in the ideal manner yet.

If it is smart enough to take either input from either pipe and I simply haven't technically tried that correctly yet, it would be awesome.
Unfortunately, this is not possible (yet). It's a feature requested by many, though.

sathill
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sathill »

In lastest experimental relase bitters are needed in game to research something or they dont drop nothing now?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

sathill wrote:In lastest experimental relase bitters are needed in game to research something or they dont drop nothing now?
Enemy spawners do not give you any resources anymore, and killing them is therefore no longer mandatory to proceed in the game.

Tekrelious
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tekrelious »

About using a fluid wagon. What am I doing wrong?

https://imgur.com/fPCkAuC

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

There could be a few things. First, fluid wagons are very picky about where they can load and unload from, so they usually only work if they are on automatic mode. If you drove it there manually, that is probably the issue. Also, trains do not unload well on curves. Make sure all the fluid cars are on straight track. However, if this were the problem I would still be expecting the first car to work, so that's probably not it.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Tekrelious
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tekrelious »

That was it, it needed to be automated. Thanks friend

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

No problem :).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

jetpackpony
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jetpackpony »

Hi,
How can I display multiple object's GUI windows at the same time? For example, show settings of two inserters at the same time so you can take a screenshot. Here is an example of what I mean: Image
Thanks!

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

jetpackpony wrote:How can I display multiple object's GUI windows at the same time? For example, show settings of two inserters at the same time so you can take a screenshot.
You can't. The image you posted was photoshopped to include multiple GUIs. Within Factorio you can only display one at a time.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

jetpackpony
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jetpackpony »

That's a shame :cry: Thanks though!

Ralph
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ralph »

I have noticed that my stack inserters won't insert items in a train wagon if it's not a multiple of their stack size.

For example, if they need to fill only 3 belts, and have a stack size of 5, they won't proceed and keep stuck. Is that normal ?

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

Ralph wrote:I have noticed that my stack inserters won't insert items in a train wagon if it's not a multiple of their stack size.

For example, if they need to fill only 3 belts, and have a stack size of 5, they won't proceed and keep stuck. Is that normal ?
They pick up 5 and wait until they can put all of them down.

If i have a requester chest with an inserter to load multiple items to a train I set the inserter stack size to one and wait a little longer.

Return to “Gameplay Help”