Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

I'm having difficulty getting my train to work the way I want it to. I want it to fill up or empty at a stop and then move, but I want it to move without filling or emptying if the station it's at cannot handle the request. However I want to set a minimum wait time at any station.

I put in the following setting:
Cargo:Copper plate = 4000
OR 0 seconds inactivity
AND 5 seconds passed

It seems to be ignoring the "AND 5 seconds passed" and simply moves on immediately if the copper car is full.

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

thereaverofdarkness wrote: Cargo:Copper plate = 4000
OR 0 seconds inactivity
AND 5 seconds passed

It seems to be ignoring the "AND 5 seconds passed" and simply moves on immediately if the copper car is full.
AND usually have higher priority than OR, if it is so you can add another "AND 5 seconds passed" after copper plate condition to looks like

Cargo:Copper plate = 4000
AND 5 seconds passed
OR 0 seconds inactivity
AND 5 seconds passed

it will be equivalent to "( Cargo:Copper plate = 4000 OR 0 seconds inactivity ) AND 5 seconds passed"

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

Is there any way to cancel a deconstruct order?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Selvek wrote:Is there any way to cancel a deconstruct order?
Hold the Shift key while using the deconstruction planner, it will cancel the deconstructions.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zakman »

Is it possible to change the researched technologies, other than setting them all to 'researched'? I just dusted off an older save where I had almost everything researched. Would like to scale some of that back to give myself something to do with all those raw materials I have laying around :)

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

zakman wrote:Is it possible to change the researched technologies, other than setting them all to 'researched'? I just dusted off an older save where I had almost everything researched. Would like to scale some of that back to give myself something to do with all those raw materials I have laying around :)
Have you updated to .15 yet? If so, some of the researches are infinite, meaning they´ll get more expensive per level and yield diminishing returns.

zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zakman »

I have indeed. Was just wanting to give myself a bit of an extra challenge, as it's been a while since I've played the map (and the game, for that matter).

I was sort of building my own head-canon for this map...so the player character returns to the base after a long period of time and finds it in a state of disrepair, and has to rebuild, tweak, re-research things and so on. Going well so far, but I'd like to challenge myself a bit more.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

How do I make a post stop showing up in my "View your posts" page?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

thereaverofdarkness wrote:How do I make a post stop showing up in my "View your posts" page?
It shows all threads that you started or replied to, so the only solution is to remove every post you made in that thread.
(If you want to do that then report it and mention you want to remove every post from you in that thread, or send me a PM.)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

I have trouble to load or unload a fluid tank / train.
Witch point of the waggon has to fit to the pump to force the animation an lock the pump?

thanks ;)

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Nemac wrote:I have trouble to load or unload a fluid tank / train.
Witch point of the waggon has to fit to the pump to force the animation an lock the pump?

thanks ;)
the pump has to have a fluid connection on the other side
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Is the conversion ratio of water to steam via boilers and heat exchangers definitely 1:1?

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mehve wrote:Is the conversion ratio of water to steam via boilers and heat exchangers definitely 1:1?
I just measured it, it is definitely exactly 1:1.

I think it should be more like 1:1000 steam. According to Wikipedia, water going from liquid to gas phase at STP has an expansion ratio of 1700, but we can assume the steam stored in pipes is pressurized, however it cannot be pressurized above a few dozen PSI without steel pipes and compression turbines, so 1:1000 might be a realistic ratio. Even 1:100 would make it much more realistic. That way only small amounts of water might be used, but if you pipe the steam around much, you might find the large amounts of steam being used are difficult to get through the pipe at the rate you're using them.

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Much thanks. Surprisingly enough, that particular ratio is pretty much absent from all the many hits about reactor ratios and design. But patch 0.15.11 has me going back to the drawing board for reactor layout, and I couldn't remember if the 1:10 pump:exchanger ratio I was previously using was arbitrary or actually important :)

soryu2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by soryu2 »

Why is this signal red?
Attachments
red_signal.jpeg
red_signal.jpeg (624.04 KiB) Viewed 5820 times

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Shouldnt be, I think. What happens when you put the train on manual, remove it and place it again?
There was a bug and in 0.15.11 it should not happen again.

Also: To avaoid deadlocks by trains from different directions entering the junction at once: Remove all the signals in/on the circle.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

soryu2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by soryu2 »

This is on 0.15.11 and happened after the update, I think. But good point about removing signals inside the circle. Will do that from now on. Can’t test anymore, overwrote the save file. D’oh!
Thanks!

DevilOnRun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DevilOnRun »

How to clear a blueprint in 0.15? The UI now only has an option to delete the blueprint. Sure I can just get another one but that is several clicks I would rather not do. I have also seen videos where people clear and select a blueprint from the toolbar using a hotkey. Anyone know what this is? I can not see it in the list of hotkeys.

Thanks

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

DevilOnRun wrote:How to clear a blueprint in 0.15? The UI now only has an option to delete the blueprint. Sure I can just get another one but that is several clicks I would rather not do. I have also seen videos where people clear and select a blueprint from the toolbar using a hotkey. Anyone know what this is? I can not see it in the list of hotkeys.

Thanks
To clear the blueprint you need to open it like you do with an assembling machine.
As far as I can remember there is a clear button somewhere.

Nevermind, they changed it.
To "clear" the blueprint just get another one from the blueprints menu. If you want to you can delete the old one.
Former moderator.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

You can shift-right-click a blueprint in your inventory or quickbar to clear it.

Return to “Gameplay Help”