Is there any point to sending rockets into space without the

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Is there any point to sending rockets into space without the

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

What happens if I send rockets into space without the satellite in sandbox mode? Do I get something like the ability to watch distant sectors of my factory or the ability to bomb nests from a distance or is it just a huge waste of resources?

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Is there any point to sending rockets into space without the

Post by LazyLoneLion »

As far as I know nothing useful happens if you send a rocket into space either with satellite or without it. It's just an abstract victory condition.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

Yea. The first time I sent the rocket up I saw the inventory box and I had no idea what went in there so I loaded it with laser turrets. It blasted off and nothing happened. I knew the game was supposed to end. I happened to look over the satellite and that's where it tells me that the satellite should be loaded onto the rocket. You'd think the rocket would have had that information. Why would I need a satellite on board a rocket in order to leave a planet? Good thing I had saves.

Then they give me a bunch of stats that I didn't care about.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

There are two mods however that allow you to do exactly what you said first : bombard from above, and see remote places.
Search mods for Useful space and ion cannon
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”