First attempt at blueprint construction works like a charm

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

First attempt at blueprint construction works like a charm

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

The second use of the blueprint worked well too. I used fifteen construction robots and provider chests full of supplies.

I then tried to repeat this success with a third and fourth construction of the same complex. I had don'e something to the blueprint by right clicking or something so that I could no longer use the blueprint so I made a new one and set it down twice. I don't think I had enough material and I got the very annoying and repetitive distress signal from my bots near the roboport. I could find nothing there. I assume they were charging up inside. Sometime later everything was done until I looked closely. Many of the buildings weren't there. Most of the inserters were complete and in the correct place. I then began the next fiasco.

I tried to deconstruct. I put down a lot of storage chests and the logistic bots were swarming all over them bringing who knows what so I quickly set up a deconstruct of the incomplete complexes. Now I get thousands of messages, "cannot complete. Player inventory full" so I put down more empty storage but it doesn't do any good. Things are not being deconstructed. Once again I have to hit the wikis, the forums and Janis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNqb-2O-qPc because everytime it tells me it cannot complete its like a piece of my heart dies.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: First attempt at blueprint construction works like a charm

Post by DaveMcW »

Go through your logistics network and replace all purple chests with red ones. Logistics bots hate purple chests, and try to move everything in them to storage.

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

Logistics don't hate any colour. Active provider chests (purple) empty their contents to the logistics network, they actively provide. Passive provider chests (red) provide their contents to the network if they're required, hence passive. Yellow storage chests act as the target of all items that are not sent to the player or requester chests. Requester chests ask the network for the specified items.

Examples of use:
Active provider chests: Unload of unwanted items from trains that arrive at home base.
Passive provider chests: Stocks of spare turrets in case any get destroyed.
Storage chest: Placed in an outpost to receive trees and other items removed at a remote outpost by construction bots.
Requester chest: Requests solid fuel for a train at a station, to save having to run a long belt from the solid fuel chemical plant.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Okay. Started to replace the purple chests with red. That and for some reason you have to have the processing plants in your inventory if you want the construction bots to build them. Most everything else they can build from iron and copper plates.

I wish I could write labels on the world so I'd be able to tell one area from another. Everything looks very similar. I suppose I could write with lights or raw material.

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

If you place down a single straight rail you can place a train station next to it, then give it a name :-)

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

I tried it and it works but the name doesn't show up on the minimap and the trainstation is a teeny red dot that looks just like the red dots of the nests on the minimap. Be nice if the name of the station appeared on the minimap but only if there aren't too many of them. Right now I'm using the train stops to mark ore deposits. Will they keep biter nests from appearing nearby or they all going to get eaten unless I put up a huge fort?

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

Biters won't nest within a certain distance of buildings, but I'm not sure what the distance is.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Mauslag PIngman wrote:Right now I'm using the train stops to mark ore deposits. Will they keep biter nests from appearing nearby or they all going to get eaten unless I put up a huge fort?
_aD wrote:Biters won't nest within a certain distance of buildings, but I'm not sure what the distance is.
They won't nest within 3 chunks (~100 tiles) of any of your buildings, including train stops.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Gameplay Help”