Power Stopped Working

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Krazen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Power Stopped Working

Post by Krazen »

So I'm a new player quite happy starting out on a new map. Got my steam engine up, switched everything over to electric. All ticking along nicely.

Then I get attacked by the bugs while I'm elsewhere and they take out a few mines and power lines. Fine, I rebuild / repair everything. However now every single building is flashing red for no power because my steam engine is showing output zero. Even it's max performance is zero (it's not flashing the yellow icon so it's definitely connected to the grid). I've even tested connecting just a single building to the steam engine directly next to it on the same power pole but there's just no output - yes it's still getting got water, that never changed in the attack.

I've even removed the steam engine and all power lines and rebuilt from scratch. Still no buildings are getting power. How do I debug this? This electric screen is useless.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Power Stopped Working

Post by orzelek »

Krazen wrote:So I'm a new player quite happy starting out on a new map. Got my steam engine up, switched everything over to electric. All ticking along nicely.

Then I get attacked by the bugs while I'm elsewhere and they take out a few mines and power lines. Fine, I rebuild / repair everything. However now every single building is flashing red for no power because my steam engine is showing output zero. Even it's max performance is zero (it's not flashing the yellow icon so it's definitely connected to the grid). I've even tested connecting just a single building to the steam engine directly next to it on the same power pole but there's just no output - yes it's still getting got water, that never changed in the attack.

I've even removed the steam engine and all power lines and rebuilt from scratch. Still no buildings are getting power. How do I debug this? This electric screen is useless.
Are boilers running?
Check the water on steam engine - 0 performance means that water is cold.

Krazen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Krazen »

orzelek wrote:Are boilers running?
Check the water on steam engine - 0 performance means that water is cold.
As far as I can see the water is hot and connected. It was all working before which is why I'm really confused.
Attachments
fact-2.PNG
fact-2.PNG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 6324 times
fact-1.PNG
fact-1.PNG (1.83 MiB) Viewed 6324 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Your steam engine is not connected to the boilers, you have to center it.

Krazen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Krazen »

Arch666Angel wrote:Your steam engine is not connected to the boilers, you have to center it.
Thanks, that fixed it. I must have moved stuff during the rebuild. However that's visually very confusing. It looked connected and there's no indication of an error - nothing like a "no water" error anywhere.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

Krazen wrote:Thanks, that fixed it. I must have moved stuff during the rebuild. However that's visually very confusing. It looked connected and there's no indication of an error - nothing like a "no water" error anywhere.
If it's not moving/animating, it's not working. That's the visual feedback they provide.

byronczimmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by byronczimmer »

Isn't there also an issue of no coal, and no inserters putting the (missing) coal into the boilers?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

You can see from the first picture that there is a stack of 50 coal in the boiler, also withouth coal it would show the flashing symbol for "no fuel". I guess he wasn't so far as to automate fuel/energy production, which also wasn't the issue here.

Return to “Gameplay Help”