Been a while, what happened?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
lyallp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Been a while, what happened?

Post by lyallp »

It's been a while since I played Factorio, and something has changed (well, quite a bit has changed but...) is that when I hand craft stuff, the intermediate items don't appear anywhere, unless I cancel construction of an item.

Is this expected? I always thought it was good to have to keep room for intermediate products whilst hand crafting.

As an additional note, I found that when I ran Factorio in Steam today, under Linux, and saved my game, that when I rebooted to windows (dual boot machine), installed Factorio in Steam in Windows (in a different location), and ran it, it did not find my Linux saved game but an old one from my non-steam install.

I suspect the problem will go away as I ran linux steam again and there was a small update then Steam prompted me about uploading my saved game.
...Lyall

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Been a while, what happened?

Post by Koub »

I don't know how the Steam Cloud thing works when you play a game Both under Windows and under Linux, but unless you've made it so that your Windows partition's %APPDATA%\Factorio\Saves is the same place as where Factorio puts the saves under Linux, I'd say it's normal.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Been a while, what happened?

Post by Xeorm »

The first bit is completely expected. Putting them in hammerspace seems odd, but it does mean a lot less checking required to make sure that things happen right. Most people won't notice the difference, really. Doesn't bother me, all things considered. A car and a single battery take up the same space, so space is already a fluid thing in this game.

For saves, afaik Factorio doesn't naturally do steam cloud saves. Where it's saved is set by the program, not any defines. Expect that functionality to change in the future as they integrate more into Steam...if they have time.

Return to “Gameplay Help”