Turrets not shooting

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kaifreeman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Turrets not shooting

Post by kaifreeman »

Good Morning,
I have a major problem with my base defense.
I build up laser turrets and gun turrets behind walls and I also tried without walls.
Support with electricity is given so enough power is available.

Then I use the testmode to add a small worm or a biter nest but my turrets are not fireing, they also don't fire when I am attacked by the biters.
Tried this out in peace mode and normal free game.

Is this a normal behaviour because I placed the nest by using the testmode or a bug? (Tried it with different new games...).

Hope you can help me with my issue.

best regards,
Kai

sry forget to mention I am using game version 0.8.3 on a Windows 7 machine.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Turrets not shooting

Post by kovarex »

Hello,
isn't it possible, that the units added by the testmode are friendly (owned by the player), so he doesn't shoot it?
Does these units appear red on the minimap?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

kaifreeman wrote: Then I use the testmode to add a small worm or a biter nest but my turrets are not fireing, they also don't fire when I am attacked by the biters.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this :) but, If you'd gotten the spawner item and placed it, it would have a force of 'player' and would not count as an enemy. Preventing the turrets from firing, but they also should not attack you (though I'm not 100% on that). IF that is the issue you can open the console (~ or /) and use this to change a spawner into the enemy's force

Code: Select all

game.player.selected.force=game.forces.enemy
or this to change all spawner, biters, and worms in a 100x100 area of the player into the enemy force

change=game.findentities{{game.player.position.x-100,game.player.position.y-100},{game.player.position.x+100,game.player.position.y+100}} for _, entity in ipairs(change) do if (entity.name=="biter-spawner" or entity.name=="small-worm" or entity.name=="medium-worm" or entity.name=="big-worm" or entity.name=="small-biter" or entity.name=="medium-biter" or entity.name=="big-biter") then entity.force=game.forces.enemy end end
That should all be on one line btw, if it doesn't work then copy/paste into notepad (turn word wrap off) and use backspace/delete to make it into one line (make sure there are spaces). If you are being attacked too quickly to run the command you could use

char=game.player.character game.player.character=nil
to enter god mode and move towards the biters, run the commands to change their force and then use

game.player.character=char
to return to your character.

If that doesn't work..we'll probably need a bit more info :) But it's the only logical (non-bug) issue I can think of :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

kaifreeman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kaifreeman »

Yeah, to change the force of the nest was the solution.
Thanks for your fast response and help.

I "paniced" a little bit cause I was building a huge base defense and it wouldn't be great if the defense failed to do what it is good for.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

kaifreeman wrote:Yeah, to change the force of the nest was the solution.
Thanks for your fast response and help.
That's part of what the community is here for :) The other part is to make, um, influence the devs to do what we want :)
I "paniced" a little bit cause I was building a huge base defense and it wouldn't be great if the defense failed to do what it is good for.
Yes, that would make a bit of a difference :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

FreeER wrote:The other part is to make, um, influence the devs to do what we want :)
We make suggestions, what they could do, if they are a bit bored. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”