beacon and module use advice

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

beacon and module use advice

Post by vanatteveldt »

I haven't used beacons and modules at all yet, so I was wondering what the consensus on using them is.

This is what makes sense to me (more or less in order of priority):

* High-end recipes such as science pack 3/4, advanced circuits should get productivity modules, since there they give most bang for the buck
* Oil processing (refinery, cracking, plastic production) should get productivity modules, since oil is the most scarce resource
* Oil production should get speed modules (but only if speed can be raised from 0.1 to 0.2? Or can you also have 0.11/sec?)
* Speed beacons should be used whenever productivity modules are used
* Smelting should get efficiency modules, as they consume a lot of energy and building more smelters is not much of a problem.
* For smelting, maybe add beacons with more efficiency modules and/or speed modules?

Is that sane general advice? Am I missing anything important?

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: beacon and module use advice

Post by Xterminator »

I would say you are pretty spot on for the most part. I think in some cases things can be changed out ike switching productivity out for speed or vice versa, but it really depends on your situation. Like sometimes I might prefer to use Speed Modules in things like Advanced Circuits or Processing Units rather than productivity but either one works.
Your right for sure about using speed beacons in conjunction with things that have productivity since it seems to balance things out pretty well as long as you have the power to support all that.

So yes, you are pretty much right about all cases, just don't locked into only using type all the time for certain things. :)
Image Image Image

Return to “Gameplay Help”