Robots stuck - removing erroneous chest

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Silden
Inserter
Inserter

Robots stuck - removing erroneous chest

Post by Silden »

I had put a long term storage chest, then suddenly saw all my robots emptying every other chest to send them to the long term storage chest :s

I removed the long term storage chest, but since then, I have a lot of "stuck" robots, they're just hovering and I can't seem to find a way to get them to "reset". They just go to roboport, charge, then just stay on the charging pad indefinitely.

Any way to get the robots to ignore the last collection or otherwise empty and reset them?

ccik
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Robots stuck - removing erroneous chest

Post by ccik »

You could either manually harvest all the robots, or place a logistic storage chest to give the robots a place to unload the items.

It sounds like you placed active provider chests in your network. This could be the reason your robots started to behave this way. Your logistic network is always trying to pull items out of the active provider chests. If you place a storage chest with active providers in the same network, the contents of the active provider chests is going to be placed in the storage chests. This may have happened to you.
If you want to stop this from happening, replace your active chests with passive ones, and use active chests only for the items you want to go into the storage.

Return to “Gameplay Help”