Build Time Confusion?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
azoundria
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Build Time Confusion?

Post by azoundria »

The build time/process time is important to know how many of each machine I need in a process step to create an optimal machine.

A productivity module 1, for example, says 'Time: 30' above the circuits and advanced circuits required. It also has a raw material time icon with 107.5. Neither of these is in any sort of unit. Originally, I thought this meant 30 seconds, however it's taking a lot longer than that.

Items like advanced circuits have no 'Time:' requirement mentioned, and it says 13 raw material time units. Does this already factor in the time to make the copper wire? Does it include the time to smelt the copper ore?

Copper wire has absolutely no information on how fast it can be produced.

The different assembling machines have 'crafting speed' information. What is your character's crafting speed?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Build Time Confusion?

Post by kovarex »

Hello, this was quite confusing, and will be united in 0.8

More here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =38&t=1629

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Build Time Confusion?

Post by n9103 »

The total figures at the bottom are supposed to factor in all time used in recipes that aren't smelting. (At the moment. as Kovarex said, there's a change in the works.)
For instance, total time usually won't include the time or cost to go from iron to steel.
I'm somewhat surprised if your speed 30 item was taking longer than 17s to produce.

But then, I've rarely gone for precision in my designs, and simply made sure I did very little over-production. (i.e. aimed for smallest amounts of excess between steps as practical.)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Gameplay Help”