How do I use capsules?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

How do I use capsules?

Post by DRBLN »

Which button?

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: How do I use capsules?

Post by wrtlprnft »

put them into your hotbar (the slots at the bottom of the screen) and press the corresponding button (number keys 1–5 for the leftmost five slots, shift + 1–5 for the others).

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

This is also explained in the tips and tricks (together with other useful things).

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

Is there any reason why you can't hold them in your hand and deploy them by right clicking (same as placing buildings)? I get that this approach is not that useful in the heat of combat, but it might be more user-friendly…

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

wrtlprnft wrote:Is there any reason why you can't hold them in your hand and deploy them by right clicking (same as placing buildings)? I get that this approach is not that useful in the heat of combat, but it might be more user-friendly…
The main motivation actually has been to make them fast to throw / switch "in the heat of combat".

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

I totally understand that. But is there any harm in doing that? In my mind, a player who skipped the tips and tricks would be able to use them, determine that they're useful, place them in their hotbar and sooner or later use the corresponding key and figure all this out by him/her/itself ;-)

Or at least print a helpful message to the console when someone tries to place capsules. Or, obviously, focus more on development and completely ignore this issue for now. I do however think the current behavior should be improved eventually.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Making capsules activated on the place where you right-click with cursor (same as when you build from cursor) would be consistent and natural, I believe.

Return to “Gameplay Help”