Limit robots in my roboports?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Limit robots in my roboports?

Post by Twisted_Code »

How can I prevent my system from putting more robots in my network than it can hold? Because unless there is a safety mechanism I don't know about, a system that is continually producing robots and automatically inserting them in roboports will eventually end up inserting one into a maxed system (for instance, while a swarm of fonts are fulfilling a request). Is there any way to prevent this (assuming I don't want to interfere with the automatic creation & insertion until the system is full or nearly full)?
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Limit robots in my roboports?

Post by ssilk »

I hope with 0.13 we have a possibility to get the number of bots into the circuit network (# bots in total, # bots currently working) and then can decide to stop inserting bots.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 3&p=103900

This mod gives you a combinator that tells you total of each kind and how many are availble

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

ssilk wrote:I hope with 0.13 we have a possibility to get the number of bots into the circuit network (# bots in total, # bots currently working) and then can decide to stop inserting bots.
that seems like a good solution, and it's one I'd considered. I was hoping something like this was already in the game and almost tested for this... but decided it would be wisest to ask here first, seeing as I'm not actively having problems with too many bots.
You know, the concept is almost absurd, the idea of having too many flying robots ready to bring you anything you need, but then you automate robot production and suddenly it's more like "if these things become sapient, we're all doomed".
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

vampiricdust wrote:https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 3&p=103900

This mod gives you a combinator that tells you total of each kind and how many are availble
Interesting, I have overseen it. I think I make me a list of mods, that add things to the circuit network, cause I loose slowly the overview.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Smart circuitry mod also able to gives you info with the robot count.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 91&t=14824
The difference with Robotic combinators mod is you need to hook/ place the sensor at the roboport, while robotic combinator mod didn't require to be placed at roboport.

But smarter circuitry mod able to do many others thing than just counting robot. Personally i use both mod.

Return to “Gameplay Help”