More Aggressive Biters

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

More Aggressive Biters

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Is there a command code to increase biter attack frequency? I am not getting attacked enough.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: More Aggressive Biters

Post by Adil »

Try some of these.

Code: Select all

game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.min_base_spacing = 5
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.max_expansion_distance = 12
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.min_player_base_distance = 8
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.settler_group_min_size = 8
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.settler_group_max_size = 13
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.min_expansion_cooldown = 9 * 60
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.max_expansion_cooldown = 27 * 60
Or use dynamic expansion or natural evolution mods, from which these commands were taken by me.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Tev
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tev »

Produce more polution. (use less solars)

Spread out more, maybe with some mods for that, like RSO (easier defence at start, much harder in lategame with your wiiiiiide perimeter).

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

You could just create more pollution, build bigger and such. For future reference, it would definitely help if you increased difficulty settings for the biters. You would have a lack of attacks then. :p
Image Image Image

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Adil wrote:Try some of these.

Code: Select all

game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.min_base_spacing = 5
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.max_expansion_distance = 12
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.min_player_base_distance = 8
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.settler_group_min_size = 8
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.settler_group_max_size = 13
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.min_expansion_cooldown = 9 * 60
game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.max_expansion_cooldown = 27 * 60
Or use dynamic expansion or natural evolution mods, from which these commands were taken by me.
I think playing around with these will work nicely, thanks!

I used to make more pollution but I burned out all my coal trying to pollute and I already build way too much.

MisterSpock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MisterSpock »

This are the non-modded options: The amount of enemies depends on the polution. A miner creates a small biter every 20s or a behemoth biter every 2000s if the pollution is not consumed by the area (chunk) or trees. Trees do a lot of counterpolution. So if u prefer to increase the enemies, you can also play on a treeless desert. Also small or normal starting area brings the enemy closer to you and make early attacks more heavier.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

MisterSpock wrote:This are the non-modded options: The amount of enemies depends on the polution. A miner creates a small biter every 20s or a behemoth biter every 2000s if the pollution is not consumed by the area (chunk) or trees. Trees do a lot of counterpolution. So if u prefer to increase the enemies, you can also play on a treeless desert. Also small or normal starting area brings the enemy closer to you and make early attacks more heavier.
Paving the area will also decrease pollution absorption.

So a concrete desert is better to get more biters

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Pollution is calculated by overall energy consumption and structure type. Pumpjacks and miners generate the most pollution for their energy, while electric furnaces and Mk3 assemblers make the least. The best way to increase energy consumption is by using productivity modules. Making a combo with speed modules will actually reduce pollution per resource, so don't speed up resources you might run out of. Instead whack down the best productivity modules you can, expand your snail factories to the limit, and let them make a mess. If you don't have enough modules, downgrade your assemblers to their dirtier versions so they take more time to produce more pollution per resource.

The only permanent source of pollution is speed + speed beacon boosted pumpjacks. Snail that oil through productivity boosted refineries, transform it into solid fuel with a pile of productivity boosted chemical plants, and roast them in a furnace for that dirty burner feel. You'll probably lose energy this way, but you need to make every oil well count!

Unfortunately map settings have no direct control over how frequently or how miserably biters attack. They only control the safe area you get before running into battle.

Any type of tree or dead tree will absorb pollution. Burn them all. Biter nests also absorb a huge amount of pollution in exchange for making aggro.

Bob's mods (no relation) includes modules that multiply pollution. A mk.8 module will add +400% pollution per energy! Multiply it against energy consuming modules for maximum effect.

Return to “Gameplay Help”