Stuck with Oil Refinery

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Gwenhwfar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Stuck with Oil Refinery

Post by Gwenhwfar »

Haaai guys,

I'm a little stuck.
I've used a pumpjack to get the oil out of the ground connected it with a pipe to my oil refinery where I choose basic oil production.
I connected the heavy and light oil to produce solid fuel and to make sulfur into sulfuric acid into batteries.
But my process is stopped after several seconds. What did I do wrong.
With a little picture to see what I'm exactly doing.
Picture
Picture
factorio stuck.png (4.23 MiB) Viewed 16756 times
Thanks in advance!

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Stuck with Oil Refinery

Post by Martc »

You are not feeding sulfuric acid production with sulfur, you must add some inserts to do that.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

some light oil has sneaked in the pipe for petroleum

destroy those contaminated pipes and then replace them

damocles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by damocles »

Use an inserter and belt to get the sulfur out of the chemical plant. And transport it to the sulfuric acid plant. Those things don't go via pipes. (the acid does)

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

Not directly the cause of your problem, but: it is generally a good idea to use tanks for light/heavy oil and petroleum gas. Because your refinary only works if none of its outputs are clogged.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Well first of all the problem is being caused by two things. The chemical plant making sulfer needs an inserter or something to actually take the sulfur from that chem plant and put it into the sulfuric acid plant. Sufur is not a liquid so it doesn't travel via pipes. Second problem is that the pipe that brings in petroleum gas has got some light oil mixed in right before it connects the sulfur chem plant. Mixing liquids like that messes everything up. :p So just destroy that pipe and replace it again.

Also, as someone else said, I highly recommend having your petroleum gas, light oil, and heavy oil each pumped into a tank before sending them anywhere else.
Image Image Image

AmpsterMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AmpsterMan »

Is there any way to pack up sulfuric acid into a solid container? I am getting ready for blue science but the battery requirement is killing me,

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

AmpsterMan wrote:Is there any way to pack up sulfuric acid into a solid container? I am getting ready for blue science but the battery requirement is killing me,
With the barrel mod it is possible.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

A single storage tank full of sulfuric acid represents a HUGE amount of batteries. It will also devour your petroleum supply like nobody's business.

Return to “Gameplay Help”