Biter bases

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Biter bases

Post by McRib »

hello,

just a quick question. I start a map with none biter nest at the start. Does they are spawning later on when the game goes on? And if not, can if not can change that somehow? (is there a command that will let them respawn).

McRib

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Biter bases

Post by ssilk »

Moved from general.

The nests appear, as if you explore the map.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Post by McRib »

ssilk wrote:Moved from general.

The nests appear, as if you explore the map.
thx for moving. But for better understanding. The respawn mechanic isnt effect by the map settings?

I ask because i read the wiki that said:
"Expansions

Sometimes a small group of biters will leave their base to create a new base. This group will search for a suitable spot that's about 3 chunks away from existing biter bases and 3 chunks away from any of your buildings. Once they have found a suitable spot the group of biters dies and forms a new base. This new base will first be very small (about one spawner and a few worms) but will get some additional spawners within a small area as time passes. This base-wide expansion is somehow limited (the blog says something about 7, but that doesn't seem to match reality in some cases). "

I dont have ANY biters on my map at all. So does they are still can spawn? (it is a infitive map but without any base on it)

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

McRib wrote:I dont have ANY biters on my map at all. So does they are still can spawn? (it is a infitive map but without any base on it)
How far away from your starting location have you explored? If you plonk down a Radar or five, it'll scan out to a distance of 17 chunks, then once the entire range of the individual Radar has been scanned, it'll re-scan already-scanned chunks, starting with the one that was scanned least recently.

GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GopherAtl »

respawns are not magic. Groups of biters form from existing bases and move together to go found new bases. So if there are no biters, there won't be new biter bases, ever - well, except in new chunk generation, if you somehow changed the map gen settings on a save - dunno if that's even possible?
My Mods:
Nixie Tubes - numeric displays for your circuit networks!
Logistic Combinators - use logistics values in circuit logic! -
Autowire - automate red/green wire connections

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

If you set biters to be completely turned off somehow, I don't think you can change that in a save game. If they are just on peaceful, you can change that, but it sounds like they are totally off.
Image Image Image

McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Post by McRib »

i manage to fix my save game over this two commands:
/c game.get_surface(1).build_enemy_base({1, 2}, 5)
/c game.get_surface(1).create_entity{name="small-biter", position={1,2},force=game.forces.enemy}

Now the biters are back in the game and they repopulated the map... some kind of cheaty but they will grow.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

McRib wrote:i manage to fix my save game over this two commands:
/c game.get_surface(1).build_enemy_base({1, 2}, 5)
/c game.get_surface(1).create_entity{name="small-biter", position={1,2},force=game.forces.enemy}

Now the biters are back in the game and they repopulated the map... some kind of cheaty but they will grow.
Awesome!

Warlord1981NL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Warlord1981NL »

You can also do this:

Code: Select all

/c game.get_surface(1).create_entity{name="biter-spawner", position={game.local_player.position.x, game.local_player.position.y-5},force=game.forces.enemy}
It spawns in a Biter Spawner 5 squares above you :) That way you can control the position it is created in more easily as well :)

Greyfell309
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Greyfell309 »

None of the spawn biter base command work for me, why??? I get this: ErrorLuaScript doesn't contain key get.surface

Return to “Gameplay Help”