Equalize input from 43 parallel belts onto 23

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ricky3350
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Equalize input from 43 parallel belts onto 23

Post by ricky3350 »

I know this is REALLY ambitious, but I have 43 mining stations, with variable amounts of mining drills (resulting in unequal output). The 43 mining stations should feed 22.55555555555 (23) express lines of furnaces equally. I don't care about space or resource efficiency, as both are infinite in my world. I do need maximum throughput, so combining them all into one belt and then splitting it off again won't work. I've tried a few thoughts I've had, but I'm struggling to equalize 8->8, much less 43->23. Can anybody help me?

BTW, I am using 0.12, so double corners aren't necessary.

For all of you curious people out there (like myself), I'm attempting to make a factory that produces every item at 1 item/minute. Inspired by One minute rocket defense, which is no longer possible with 0.12.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Equalize input from 43 parallel belts onto 23

Post by ratchetfreak »

this imgUR account has several balancer designs. (though not 43 to 23).

Though a 44 to 24 (4 11 to 6 in parallel) would be easier and then feed the extra output back into the input.
Last edited by ratchetfreak on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Havoc_mayhem
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Havoc_mayhem »

This may be slightly off-topic, but I'd really love to see a map of a base with 43 mining stations being handled only on belts with no trains.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

My first thought is... 43 mining stations? Hmm. Must be using endless resources??
And then... trains? Trains would make it all.... much easier.

And I feel like 1 item/minute is pretty easy.. you mean 1 item a second?
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

You may not care about space or resource efficiency, but CPU efficiency will definitely be a thing. Don't run a dozen belts 20 miles down the map. That way lies lag. Pack stuff onto trains and haul them to a more central station. If the resources are infinite, feel free to smelt them on site.

There is also a resource crate mod. It will allow you to pack absurd resources into handy boxes and haul them all with a single belt.

ricky3350
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ricky3350 »

ratchetfreak wrote:this imgUR account has several balancer designs. (though not 43 to 23).

Though a 44 to 24 (4 11 to 6 in parallel) would be easier and then feed the extra output back into the input.
Thanks, they look great! The problem arises (with your 4x11->6 solution) is that while each of the four are equal, the entire system probably isn't.
Havoc_mayhem wrote:This may be slightly off-topic, but I'd really love to see a map of a base with 43 mining stations being handled only on belts with no trains.
I'm going to try. It's going to be a laggy mess, I'll probably end up switching to trains.
OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:My first thought is... 43 mining stations? Hmm. Must be using endless resources??
Not quite endless, but near that. I set all settings to the maximum (except biters).
OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:And I feel like 1 item/minute is pretty easy.. you mean 1 item a second?
No, I mean per minute. Most of the items will only need one Assembling machine I, but the ones that don't (Advanced circuit, accumulator, battery [normal and module], coal, concrete, copper ore, plate, and cable, combat robots, modules, energy shields, engines, explosives, you get the point) require a lot of assembly machines. Even though there isn't a rocket defense anymore, the factory will still be the scale of the One minute rocket defense.
bobucles wrote:You may not care about space or resource efficiency, but CPU efficiency will definitely be a thing. Don't run a dozen belts 20 miles down the map. That way lies lag. Pack stuff onto trains and haul them to a more central station. If the resources are infinite, feel free to smelt them on site.
I know, but I'm going to try.
bobucles wrote:There is also a resource crate mod. It will allow you to pack absurd resources into handy boxes and haul them all with a single belt.
I'd rather not use any mods, but good to know.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

ricky3350 wrote:
ratchetfreak wrote:this imgUR account has several balancer designs. (though not 43 to 23).

Thanks, they look great! The problem arises (with your 4x11->6 solution) is that while each of the four are equal, the entire system probably isn't.
that's why you then group one of each 11->6 outputs into a 4->4 balancer.

ricky3350
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ricky3350 »

ratchetfreak wrote:Though a 44 to 24 (4 11 to 6 in parallel) would be easier and then feed the extra output back into the input.
Was the 11->6 on that imgur, or are you suggesting it separately?
ratchetfreak wrote:
ricky3350 wrote:

that's why you then group one of each 11->6 outputs into a 4->4 balancer.
That should work. Sorry, didn't think about that at the time.

Return to “Gameplay Help”