'T' junction issues / belts no longer drop at end

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
AndaleTheGreat
Inserter
Inserter

'T' junction issues / belts no longer drop at end

Post by AndaleTheGreat »

I'm sure it happened awhile ago, but I only just started up again the other day and noticed the Transport Belts no longer drop an item off at the end. This is not something I find terribly useful as many of my older maps are designed with this in mind. The solution is to add another belt, but this creates a different issue. Many of my builds are fairly tight and this causes them to have 'T' junctions rather than dropping an item in front of my Transposers.
I'm just putting it out there that I preferred the older method. I realize there are ways to solve this by using Combinators or other methods to control the speed of item creation.

I realize this isn't the most useful post, but I've seen changes made on simple comments before.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 'T' junction issues / belts no longer drop at end

Post by DaveMcW »

Don't add a straight tranport belt.

- Add an underground belt entrance.
- Add a curved transport belt pointing at the inserter.

AndaleTheGreat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndaleTheGreat »

DaveMcW wrote:Don't add a straight tranport belt.

- Add an underground belt entrance.
- Add a curved transport belt pointing at the inserter.
I've been doing the second and forgot about the first (which is a function I don't care for as the belt is hooded and should become inaccessible) but I just preferred the single item drop myself.

Course, I also think the belts' movement should be locked equally to both sides so I'm just a glutton for making things difficult.

tjmonk15
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tjmonk15 »

AndaleTheGreat wrote:Course, I also think the belts' movement should be locked equally to both sides so I'm just a glutton for making things difficult.
That's how it works now. The rewrite of the belt mechanics caused the issue you were having, and also solved the corner slow-down (that I assume you were reffering to just there)

- Monk

Return to “Gameplay Help”