how to reduce the count of Alien artifacts

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Kathmai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

how to reduce the count of Alien artifacts

Post by Kathmai »

Hi,

also... how can i reduce the count of alien artifacts of a spawner after destruction in freeplay mode?

When i kill a alien base... sometimes a spawner drops up to 5 or 10 items. realy too much.

Can i change that for a current game or take effect only for a new game?

Thx
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for my bad english...

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: how to reduce the count of Alien artifacts

Post by ficolas »

Yea you can.
You need to go to data/base/prototypes/entity/demo-entities, and in demo entities search for spawner, somewhere it should say loot={max=10, min=3, item="Alien-artifact"}
Or something like that, there you can adjust the values.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

ficolas wrote:Yea you can.
You need to go to data/base/prototypes/entity/demo-entities, and in demo entities search for spawner, somewhere it should say loot={max=10, min=3, item="Alien-artifact"}
Or something like that, there you can adjust the values.
This will work, but it might not be such a great idea.The problem will happen when the auto updater tries to overwrite the file, it assumes that the file unchanged from the original distribution and the update will fail with more or less cryptic message.

It will not be a problem if you remember to change the file back before update, but the cleanest solution IMHO is to make a mod which changes the variables you don't like.
I made an example here: https://github.com/bluecube/factorio-example-mod . From that you need just the files info.json and data.lua and place them in <Factorio_directory>/mods/example_mod/
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Kathmai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kathmai »

@all: Thanks for your posts..

@cube: i think this is the best way... i have many things replaced in lua files (over 15 in different files) but only in base "mod". And on every update.... arghhh. Yes, i think i made a own mod

thx guys
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for my bad english...

Return to “Gameplay Help”