Right Click to Cancel Build Action

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Industrial J
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Right Click to Cancel Build Action

Post by Industrial J »

Hi again. Just a little suggestion for cancelling a build action.

In this I am referring to when we click on an item in our hotbar to build on the map. Say we have 5 stone furnaces in our hotbar, but want to build only one. We click on the furnace icon, which changes our pointer to the image of a furnace. After we build one furnace, we need to return the remaining 4 furnaces to our hotbar, where the hand image appears. It would be simpler if we could right-click to cancel the build action, which would automatically return the unused items to our hotbar and restore the cursor to its neutral state.

Just an idea to speed things up just a tiny bit.

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Right Click to Cancel Build Action

Post by Takezu »

Nope just press the key you've assinged to clear coursor (i think thats how it called in the option).
i think default is Q.

Industrial J
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Industrial J »

I tried that, but it doesn't clear the action. Pressing the number of the slot only activates the build with that item (ie, turns your cursor into a furnace). But pressing the number a second time does not deactivate it (does not return your unused furnaces and restore your cursor).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I recommend a look into your options. :) In doubt you can delete the configuration, so that everything will be reseted. See into the wiki.

Moved from suggestions.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Pressing Q should out it back in the hot bar, and return the curser to it's neutral state. :)
Image Image Image

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Takezu wrote:Nope just press the key you've assinged to clear coursor (i think thats how it called in the option).
i think default is Q.
The possibility of the Q keypress should be more thoroughly conveyed to new players, by the game interface. I spent the first 30 or 90 minutes of paying being extremely annoyed by not knowing about Q, and it annoys many other players too.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Peter34 wrote:
Takezu wrote:Nope just press the key you've assinged to clear coursor (i think thats how it called in the option).
i think default is Q.
The possibility of the Q keypress should be more thoroughly conveyed to new players, by the game interface. I spent the first 30 or 90 minutes of paying being extremely annoyed by not knowing about Q, and it annoys many other players too.
It's mentioned in the tutorial as well as the tips(which are on by default)

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

who plays tutorials, it's easier to just play and cry if something seems amiss ;)

Fun aside. First thing i open is the controls tab in a game, to get a oversight about the used controls.
And it stands there white on grey (colours could be chossen better but whatever).
If someone thinks he can play blind and hasen't a need to look anythingup, it's his choise.
Why should something clutch into a plaxyers face if its just as easy to find as open up the menu for controls?
If you don't do thats your thing, not the games.

But with statements like this i don't wonder anymore about unavoidable tutorials, that tied to new games even if you played 50 times.
Or every 20 seconds game pausing text events with do this or do that or else you can'T progress.
Thats annoying as fu..

Return to “Gameplay Help”