Logistics chests issue

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
alduin235
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Logistics chests issue

Post by alduin235 »

Hello. I have some issues with the logistic system in my base. As soon as i put down a storage chest in my base, the logistic robot will rush everything inside the passive provider chests that I set up to this storage chest and I have no clue how to stop them from doing it. I'm planning to redesign my base using the construction robot and this is preventing me from doing it as fast as I can. Is there anyway to get around this?

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Logistics chests issue

Post by ratchetfreak »

are you sure it's a passive provider (red) and not a active one?

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

I had this issue in one of my first play through too. As rachet said, double check and make sure they are not active provider chests, as that would cause this to happen. Active providers "want" to be emptied so anything that goes in them is immediately taken out and put in a storage or requester chest.

Although it may be annoying, having the stuff in storages chests isn't actually that big of a problem. :) They pretty much work like passive providers, so the robots can still take from them and bring to you or elsewhere in the network. Only problem it may cause is if you need to grab stuff by hand you might not be able to find. XD haha
Image Image Image

alduin235
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alduin235 »

Thank you. I double check all of the chests. It seem like I have 2-3 active provider chests laying around.

Return to “Gameplay Help”