Behemoth spitter size

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Behemoth spitter size

Post by zOldBulldog »

How big are Behemoth spitters?

I need to know how much space to leave between my dragon teeth/walls so that it slows them down but they don't just sit out of range attacking the dragon's teeth.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Behemoth spitter size

Post by JimBarracus »

A gap of two fields is enough for any biter.
But biters can block each other and when too many are rushing your wall maze some might start attacking the walls because their path is blocked.

It depends on the size of the group of biters.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Behemoth spitter size

Post by zOldBulldog »

JimBarracus wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:59 am
A gap of two fields is enough for any biter.
But biters can block each other and when too many are rushing your wall maze some might start attacking the walls because their path is blocked.

It depends on the size of the group of biters.
As long as they get to the wall or almost to the wall they will burn, and the bots will fix the wall. I even had cases where the spitters stopped, spit at the wall for a while and after some seconds resumed the attack.

The problem happened when they stop at maximum range (and out of range from any guns) from the outermost wall spitting and never resume the assault but just stayed there spitting while the bots just keep repairing.

I will change the design to a 2-wide gap and see what happens. Thanks for the input.

Return to “Gameplay Help”