What does "200% fire rate in cascade" of the Spidetron weapon mean?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

What does "200% fire rate in cascade" of the Spidetron weapon mean?

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

I was thinking that the Spidetron gun's "200% fire rate in consecutive shots" (+mods that add similar weapons/vehicle etc) roughly doubles the rate of fire. So as I understand it this meant my:

Rocket L. : Spidertron rocket launcher: I was thinking like 1/s (x2) = 2/s shot.

Since the rockets were not suitable for the experiment I wanted to make, I wanted to check with gun bullets.

Tank : Vehicle machine gun: 15/s (no bonus)
Lex's aircraft gunship: 15/s ( no damage bonus, 200% fire rate bonus)

Logically, lex's weapon should be able to deal the same damage in t time versus t/2 time. (If I don't get it wrong)

But both of them destroyed a powerful 20k Hp structure in about 64 seconds. Could you explain this to me?
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: What does "200% fire rate in cascade" of the Spidetron weapon mean?

Post by Xorimuth »

It means that after firing a rocket and automatically switching selected weapon to the next rocket, the cooldown will already be half-done. So as long as at least 2 of the 4 spidertron rocket launchers have ammo, then it will launch them twice as fast as it would otherwise, yes.

Lex's aircraft gunship has `automatic_weapon_cycling` set to false (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/lex-aircr ... 47b0984b29) so the weapons don't automatically switch, and so the bonus doesn't apply. It should probably also set `chain_shooting_cooldown_modifier` to 1 so that it doesn't show up in the GUI.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: What does "200% fire rate in cascade" of the Spidetron weapon mean?

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Xorimuth wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:22 pm
It means that after firing a rocket and automatically switching selected weapon to the next rocket, the cooldown will already be half-done. So as long as at least 2 of the 4 spidertron rocket launchers have ammo, then it will launch them twice as fast as it would otherwise, yes.

Lex's aircraft gunship has `automatic_weapon_cycling` set to false (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/lex-aircr ... 47b0984b29) so the weapons don't automatically switch, and so the bonus doesn't apply. It should probably also set `chain_shooting_cooldown_modifier` to 1 so that it doesn't show up in the GUI.
Thank you creator of my favorite mods. So much so that they are also very simple to use, clean interface always. Quality, quality, quality...

I really didn't know that. For example, in spidertron I usually only load one ammo... In this case, we can say that the 200% bonus has no effect without at least two identical weapons (+ammo in slots).
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

Return to “Gameplay Help”