How to transfer lab. to lab.a science package (with full efficiency)?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Sorry for my bad english, sorry.
Theoretically, the 0.97 stack inserter should be enough to transfer 6 sciences to the other lab. Even though I use 2 stack inserters (1min=60 science), I can't reach the efficiency. I stay at about 54 per minute. I'm failing to transfer the initial distribution lab package content. I couldn't figure out the reason. Can you help please?

1:Image
2:Image
3:Image
4:Image
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to transfer lab. to lab.a science package (with full efficiency)?

Post by DaveMcW »

Does it work if you use 7 belts? Adding 3 more on the other side.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

DaveMcW wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:38 pm
Does it work if you use 7 belts? Adding 3 more on the other side.

Maybe it really works. But I expect a theoretically reasonable explanation. Because a single strap should be enough if I'm not miscalculating.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I look at that setup and I think that the stack inserters transferring between labs are likely to empty the source lab of science packs on a regular basis.

Think about it this way. When the top lab is getting low on red science flasks, the stack inserter will grab a handful of red science flasks from the bottom lab. If it grabs more than a few it is likely to leave the bottom lab empty of red science flasks.

I think the best you are likely to get is to replace the stack inserters moving items between the labs with 2 filter inserters, each with capacity limited to 1, and with each set to transfer 3 different science flasks.

You might also need to replace the stack inserters loading the bottom lab with fast inserters, and possibly upgrade the underground belts to fast or express belts. I suspect that the stack inserters will take too long trying to pick up items from the slow belt and the bottom lab will stall before the inserter can swing.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Zavian wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:12 am
I look at that setup and I think that the stack inserters transferring between labs are likely to empty the source lab of science packs on a regular basis.

Think about it this way. When the top lab is getting low on red science flasks, the stack inserter will grab a handful of red science flasks from the bottom lab. If it grabs more than a few it is likely to leave the bottom lab empty of red science flasks.

I think the best you are likely to get is to replace the stack inserters moving items between the labs with 2 filter inserters, each with capacity limited to 1, and with each set to transfer 3 different science flasks.

You might also need to replace the stack inserters loading the bottom lab with fast inserters, and possibly upgrade the underground belts to fast or express belts. I suspect that the stack inserters will take too long trying to pick up items from the slow belt and the bottom lab will stall before the inserter can swing.
I think it will work. Thank you both for your interest and help.

Return to “Gameplay Help”