Inconsistency between power and production

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Inconsistency between power and production

Post by RickJS »

The displays for power and production are inconsistent in the placement of the panels for production and consumption. Is there a reason for this?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Inconsistency between power and production

Post by FuryoftheStars »

RickJS wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:14 pm
The displays for power and production are inconsistent in the placement of the panels for production and consumption. Is there a reason for this?
Can you be more specific? Images?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Could you please elaborate (and better, provide a screenshot with the offending discrepancy visible) ? With just your post, I can't understand what you're talking about.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RickJS »

I'm not in front of my computer, so no images for a while.

For one of the displays, consumption is the left panel, for the other, consumption is on the right.

RickJS
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RickJS »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:31 pm
RickJS wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:14 pm
Can you be more specific? Images?
Both displays in one file: note the location of the production and consumption panels
electrical versus production.jpg
electrical versus production.jpg (190.52 KiB) Viewed 1495 times

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Well the left one is the one that is most useful for both item production and electric network info and the one most look at. So maybe that's why? Main info to the left, additional less important info to the right.

Item consumption doesn't include items that aren't consumed, like buildings. Electricity production is so few entries it doesn't really provide more info than how many solar panels you have, satisfaction bar on top gives more useful info on electricity production than the right panel often.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Oh wow, never noticed that. Probably because :
Qon wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:51 am
Well the left one is the one that is most useful for both item production and electric network info and the one most look at. So maybe that's why? Main info to the left, additional less important info to the right.
I'm fine with the most useful on the left, no matter if it's production or consumption.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”